• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

SNJ's Rig (full build progress thread)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20. Gets rid of the ads!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

bgh1441

Reaction score
City, State
Shelby Township, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Eddie Bauer
With 35's your axles will look like twigs and gears simulation of plastic, if what you have is stock.

95exploderboy

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD and Lebanon, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Sport
With 35's your axles will look like twigs and gears simulation of plastic, if what you have is stock.
Maybe so, but he has 31's. Those will not pose a problem for his stock drivetrain.

zainyD

Reaction score
City, State
Lakeland, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 Ranger 4x4 XLT
Excellent choice of tires and size! I would suggest looking for a Lockright to throw in the front axle and that thing will go about anywhere you need it to. I actually did Tellico one year prior to doing my SAS and all I had was a 2" susp lift, 31" M/T's, and front locker, rear L/S. I didn't do the hardcore trails, but it did very well for what it was.

Mud Bug 94

Reaction score
City, State
Bloomingdale, N J
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT-367k miles
even completly stock with tires and shackles ud be amazed what u can do...

Paraphoe

Go big or go home
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Willow Grove, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
Sick. Can't wait to see them on the truck. Those 35s?

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
North East, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport

Paraphoe

Go big or go home
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Willow Grove, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
*smacks Paraphoe*
Hey! Haha. I got confused because BGH said 35s and I thought exploderboy meant that he had 31s on the truck currently, and the new tires were 35s.

They certainly didn't look like 35s. :confused:

SuRrEaLNJ

hail to the king, baby!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
out of my mind...
Year, Model & Trim Level
MUNK 07 Focus 97 XL1200C
the tires currently on it are like 27.5s or something ridiculous like that... at least i got rid of the one with the exposed belts =X

to set the record straight, the new ones are 31s

and not for nothing, but although i had the tire next to the truck so the sticker was upside down you can clearly read the size on it :p:

although i think imma get some 42s and try and run em on the stock truck. they'll fit with no trimming, right? :confused:

seriously though theres new shocks, the tires, wheels and spring seats for the front there... waitin on the shackles that are an early born day presant that someone so generously bought me (although i know they aint gonna read this, so i dont know why im buttering them up) to show up and then everything will go together

itll see atleast a rear locker sooner than later, but im cutin the bills to close to splurge that much... let me pay off the tires first....

Paraphoe

Go big or go home
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Willow Grove, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT

and not for nothing, but although i had the tire next to the truck so the sticker was upside down you can clearly read the size on it :p:
Just like you could clearly read the Rausch trail map, right navigator? ;) :p:

SuRrEaLNJ

hail to the king, baby!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
out of my mind...
Year, Model & Trim Level
MUNK 07 Focus 97 XL1200C
hey, i told yo the worst possible idea anyone could have would involve handing me the map, but yall did it anyway

the only thing that comes close to that is having me make a decision :D

Paraphoe

Go big or go home
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Willow Grove, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
Woa woa woa... You guys actually let him LEAD A GROUP?! :nono: That's a guaranteed way to get lost!! :D
Hahaha...well, we only had two trucks because Draper left the day before. I was leading with Jay riding shotgun and IZ was following with Parlee. We didn't have much of a choice - I wasn't letting him drive my truck, and I didn't want IZ to lead and have to wait for him to slowly circumnavigate every tiny mud puddle. ;) :p:

Back on topic with this thread now. :D

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
This is perhaps the only reason why I hope global warming comes sooner than later - so that all the mud puddles here in the East dry up, which would eventually turn to sand, which would then be blown away by the breakneck winds and dumped into the Atlantic, exposing the bare rock underneath.

Paraphoe

Go big or go home
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Willow Grove, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
That would make me horribly depressed. I can't quite dominate rocks like you, I have to settle for gettin' dirty. Don't wish that upon me. :(

Anyway, I'll stop hijacking for real this time. Carry on!

SuRrEaLNJ

hail to the king, baby!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
out of my mind...
Year, Model & Trim Level
MUNK 07 Focus 97 XL1200C
thanks to having prosedures class (basically shop time for school credit) i got a bunch of the to do list hacked away at tonight

finally fixed that blower motor induced oops that resulted in the hole in the snorkle tubing
snorklefix.jpg

spliced a nother section of rigid pipe inside the flex pipe and siliconed the crap out of it.... baring never needing to take the blower out again it should be ook. the rigid pipe now extends from the box into the hole in the engine bay as it thould have in the first place

finally got these bad boys on...
fronthooks.jpg

and broke a $20 drill bit in the process >.<
thats alos why there only in with 2 bolts per side

threw a set in the back to...
rearhook.jpg

the one on the pass side is sligtly less usefull as its inside the frame due to the exhaust, but its still there. you can kinda sortof see it in the crapy cell phone pic i took.

the battery is leaking a lil bit and corroded the positive cable... for now it got a new terminal end. itll get a batery once i get a chance to go get one

changed the oil while i was at it. lil over 700 miles since this engine and trans went in. oil seemed fairly clean, so thats a good sign

Join the Elite Explorers for $20. Gets rid of the ads!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

SuRrEaLNJ

hail to the king, baby!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
out of my mind...
Year, Model & Trim Level
MUNK 07 Focus 97 XL1200C
oh and while im here i was f'n around in the garage last night and found this quite humerous
newfocustires.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
4 Vibration/slow WOT full throttle, jolt Transmissions & Transfer Cases 7
B Solved 5R55E slow engagement when cold after a full rebuild. Transmissions & Transfer Cases 22
AccordRanger 2nd gens with full console and BW1354m help. Transmissions & Transfer Cases 3
The Electrician How To: Eliminate Cold-Start Valve in 5R55W/S Valve-Body for Full Trans-Cooler Flow Transmissions & Transfer Cases 17
joker1457 HELP!! Full Console with 1354m Swap Transmissions & Transfer Cases 26
J 04 Mounty Full time awd to 4x4? Transmissions & Transfer Cases 13
O Trans full but losing pressure in corners? Transmissions & Transfer Cases 1
M Full time 1st gear engagement Transmissions & Transfer Cases 0
edwx Can I mix Full Synthetic ATF with MERCON V? Transmissions & Transfer Cases 2
D Transfer Case: 4404 Full time 2WD conversion - welding the viscous coupling? Transmissions & Transfer Cases 12
gmanpaint Going Full Manual Transmissions & Transfer Cases 346
Justin Klare Full spool on street Transmissions & Transfer Cases 10
B T-Case Shifter w/ Full Console? Transmissions & Transfer Cases 2
P full manual 4x conversion Transmissions & Transfer Cases 6
P Full manual 4 wheel conversion? Transmissions & Transfer Cases 8
indecloudzUA full spools on 8.8 Transmissions & Transfer Cases 17
9 how to get tranny onto shaft? three full days no luck please help i'm screwed Transmissions & Transfer Cases 20
W 1997 Full Time AWD V8 Exploerer question. Transfer case. Transmissions & Transfer Cases 11
G full text TSB #05612 Anyone? Harsh reverse engagement Transmissions & Transfer Cases 9
K 99 Explorer XLT trans is over full! Transmissions & Transfer Cases 3
K Clunking in 4WD when turned full lock? Transmissions & Transfer Cases 19
R 5R55W full fluid change ?? 02XLT 4.6L Transmissions & Transfer Cases 9
CheapThrillEX my full width to EB width (almost) Transmissions & Transfer Cases 1
T Pros & Cons between a lunch box locker and and full out locker? Transmissions & Transfer Cases 5
A Converting part-time AWD to a true full-time AWD Transmissions & Transfer Cases 18
T Full size tcases? Transmissions & Transfer Cases 0
SVO42 full-time transfer case swap? Transmissions & Transfer Cases 1