SNJ's Rig (full build progress thread) | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SNJ's Rig (full build progress thread)

*chortles*

Looks like you got the same type of rims that I did, instead of those boring black steelies with the "D" shaped holes! :3

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey hey i resemble that remark what's wrong with D's?

ok NJ when are you throw them puppies on the Foci? :D

I do have the same wheels as you, just in a normal size :p:

i dont think theres enought metal in the foci to cut off to get them on there

I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!!!

lights.jpg

all i got is a crappy cell phone picture, but i threw 2 6" offroad lights on the bumper and 2 driving /fog lights in the bumper openings

hooray for cheap autoparts store lighting

took one during the day so you can actually see what the hell is going on... not that lastnights pic of lense flare wasnt lovely and all :D
lights2.jpg

oh and Tory had it out with telico 4x4 today... aparently they failed to mention my shackles were backordered... so now theyre suposed to ship within the next week....

so i guess its on to trail comunications as the next project

yea, so im in the bud light gold bar at the prudential center tonight and the woman with the tray of jello shots goes nice nail polish...

i decided today that the snow/ice situation had taken enough of a toll on her paint and that i should do a little bit of touchin up to it
of course i dont have any acetone on hand to clean my hand off after i spray paint it holding cardboard to protect **** from overspray...

anyways on to the point of my posting tonight, someone bought me something really really cool:

IMG_3235.jpg

if all goes well imma try and have these, the coil spacers and my cb in the truck this week

i think im actually giddy :D

EDIT:
oh yea, i said that and posted it and then it dawned on me that the last thing i said was on to trail comunications for the nest project, but never actually said i did anything, well a cobra 18wxstII with a 3 foot firestick fyrefly antenna showed up at my doorstep on friday

alright, im really fn tired, and in desperate need of a shower, so for now all you get is a teaser, but...

SHE GREW!!!!!
IMG_3248.jpg

:bounce:

Woo-hoo! Pretty soon you are going to need to paint it like the sky and clouds to keep it camouflaged!;):p:

Very clean looking!!

looks great! how dose it ride?
like absolute crap...

needs to get aligned tomorow still, the alignment was way out of spec when i started, so id hate to know what the numbers are now, she tends to wander a wee bit to say the least. ill get her on the hunter tomorow afternoon and have it driving in any one direction in no time

Woo-hoo! Pretty soon you are going to need to paint it like the sky and clouds to keep it camouflaged!;):p:
could do a whole ww2 european theatre thing (od top, light grey bottom) :D

Very clean looking!!
i hope to change that sooner than later. paint just got touched up last weekend, hence the clean type thing thats goin on.

it still needs rear shocks, i got 2 corect ones for the front, one rear, and i dont know what the hell the other one goes to, but there aint no way its goin back there... ill try and get that sorted out tomorow or wednesday
whwnever i get the rear shocks on ill ditch the rear sway wile im under there
i have a spare set of extended links for the front thatll take some of the binding out of the bushings when im on the road, i dont know if anyone else has incounter thins, but the endlinks are kinda maxed out

i gotta beat the crap out of the r/f fender... for some odd reason theres almost an inch difference between the 2 sides, and i have hardcore rubbing on the back side of the opening on the right side... i moved the fender back as far as i could, but i didnt think the tennant upstairs would apreciate me braking out the 40 ounce metalfaced deadblow at midnight

since im still up heres a few more:
IMG_3238.jpg

IMG_3241.jpg

Looks good dude!

wow dude looks amazing. That is what i would like to do to mine! those are some massive shackles. Where did u get them? And how much lift did they give you? And how big are the tires? Sorry to ask so many questions but i would love to do it on mine.

You're truck looks great. Love the camo look. I always had the partial desire to do that, once my Explorer is trailworthy.

finally got some pics where you can actually see the damn thing:

IMG_3268COPY.jpg

IMG_3269COPY.jpg

IMG_3270.jpg

:D:D:D

now as with everything else theres always somethin that needs fixin
i got the left side within alignment, beleive it or not, but the right side dosnt have a snowballs chance in hell, the RA bushing on that side has fallen victim to the cat, so i have new bushings and new alignment adjusters coming tomorow
even still she rides suprisingly well, provided a slight pressure on the left hand side of the wheel. even still she rides pretty smooth, minus the dive to the right.

didnt get home early enough to call on the error with my rear shocks, but ill teke the information to work tomorow so i can get that all squared away

I'm getting confuseded here... you keep saying that you're posting pictures of your truck, yet I see no vehicle!!! Is it in Predator mode or something?

:D

Solid?

SNJ goes solid?
IMG_3271.jpg

nah, not exactly... since i did the lift ive been having problems with the pasenger side beam and the tire hiting the fender on that side

IMG_3279.jpg

gee, i wonder if that had somthing to do with it...

so tonight i droped the axle, tomorow ittle get new bushings new alignment adjusters and go back in hopefully tomorow...

oh and while its on the floor...
IMG_3273.jpg

sorry, i had to

Now go back and have a group hug with your TTB:D

no hugs for that f'n thing, after putin it back in im convinced its evil

alright, the good new, even with it being out of alignment again this thing rides like a whole new truck. ill get ti back on the rack tomorow and it should really ride like a new truck.

and now the bad news... i still have rubbing on the r/s at just shy of full lock right, although its no where near what it was. i already shaved some from the fender on that side so i think somethins bent. the tires just siting too far back even with the new bushings. not sure what the next though process should be there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

alright, yestarday i finally got the alignment dialed in, 2rd times a charm, and she rides beautifully

tonight i pulled the rear sway and installed the new shockls in the rear
rear.jpg

then i started with this little gem
overhead.jpg

its not wired yet, i know i saved the schematics somewhere, but i cant seem to find em at the moment

lit my headliner on fire with the dremel while i was at it...
oops

Back