SNJ's Rig (full build progress thread) | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SNJ's Rig (full build progress thread)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With 35's your axles will look like twigs and gears simulation of plastic, if what you have is stock.

With 35's your axles will look like twigs and gears simulation of plastic, if what you have is stock.

Maybe so, but he has 31's. Those will not pose a problem for his stock drivetrain.

Excellent choice of tires and size! I would suggest looking for a Lockright to throw in the front axle and that thing will go about anywhere you need it to. I actually did Tellico one year prior to doing my SAS and all I had was a 2" susp lift, 31" M/T's, and front locker, rear L/S. I didn't do the hardcore trails, but it did very well for what it was.

even completly stock with tires and shackles ud be amazed what u can do...

Sick. Can't wait to see them on the truck. Those 35s?

*smacks Paraphoe*

Hey! Haha. I got confused because BGH said 35s and I thought exploderboy meant that he had 31s on the truck currently, and the new tires were 35s.

They certainly didn't look like 35s. :confused:

the tires currently on it are like 27.5s or something ridiculous like that... at least i got rid of the one with the exposed belts =X

to set the record straight, the new ones are 31s

and not for nothing, but although i had the tire next to the truck so the sticker was upside down you can clearly read the size on it :p:

although i think imma get some 42s and try and run em on the stock truck. they'll fit with no trimming, right? :confused:

seriously though theres new shocks, the tires, wheels and spring seats for the front there... waitin on the shackles that are an early born day presant that someone so generously bought me (although i know they aint gonna read this, so i dont know why im buttering them up) to show up and then everything will go together

itll see atleast a rear locker sooner than later, but im cutin the bills to close to splurge that much... let me pay off the tires first....

and not for nothing, but although i had the tire next to the truck so the sticker was upside down you can clearly read the size on it :p:

Just like you could clearly read the Rausch trail map, right navigator? ;) :p:

hey, i told yo the worst possible idea anyone could have would involve handing me the map, but yall did it anyway

the only thing that comes close to that is having me make a decision :D

Just like you could clearly read the Rausch trail map, right navigator? ;) :p:

Woa woa woa... You guys actually let him LEAD A GROUP?! :nono: That's a guaranteed way to get lost!! :D

Woa woa woa... You guys actually let him LEAD A GROUP?! :nono: That's a guaranteed way to get lost!! :D

Hahaha...well, we only had two trucks because Draper left the day before. I was leading with Jay riding shotgun and IZ was following with Parlee. We didn't have much of a choice - I wasn't letting him drive my truck, and I didn't want IZ to lead and have to wait for him to slowly circumnavigate every tiny mud puddle. ;) :p:

Back on topic with this thread now. :D

This is perhaps the only reason why I hope global warming comes sooner than later - so that all the mud puddles here in the East dry up, which would eventually turn to sand, which would then be blown away by the breakneck winds and dumped into the Atlantic, exposing the bare rock underneath.

That would make me horribly depressed. I can't quite dominate rocks like you, I have to settle for gettin' dirty. Don't wish that upon me. :(

Anyway, I'll stop hijacking for real this time. Carry on!

thanks to having prosedures class (basically shop time for school credit) i got a bunch of the to do list hacked away at tonight

finally fixed that blower motor induced oops that resulted in the hole in the snorkle tubing
snorklefix.jpg

spliced a nother section of rigid pipe inside the flex pipe and siliconed the crap out of it.... baring never needing to take the blower out again it should be ook. the rigid pipe now extends from the box into the hole in the engine bay as it thould have in the first place

finally got these bad boys on...
fronthooks.jpg

and broke a $20 drill bit in the process >.<
thats alos why there only in with 2 bolts per side

threw a set in the back to...
rearhook.jpg

the one on the pass side is sligtly less usefull as its inside the frame due to the exhaust, but its still there. you can kinda sortof see it in the crapy cell phone pic i took.

the battery is leaking a lil bit and corroded the positive cable... for now it got a new terminal end. itll get a batery once i get a chance to go get one

changed the oil while i was at it. lil over 700 miles since this engine and trans went in. oil seemed fairly clean, so thats a good sign

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oh and while im here i was f'n around in the garage last night and found this quite humerous
newfocustires.jpg

Back