• Register Today It's free!

spring options

explornj

Reaction score
City, State
now in Raleigh,nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 sport 4.0 sohc
i have a d44 and a ford 9 inch out of an Early Bronco i am trying to decide what springs to use on the front axle, do i go coil like the bronco or leaf like i have seen a lot of people do on their second gen explorers

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

and almost every one who goes leafs uses fullsize wagoneer leafs. I love mine.

Dude, just call rookie. Hes the one to talk to

when you start doin the swap ...P.M me maybe ill swing over and give a hand....

not sure exactly when i will start still trying to figure out what setup i am going to run. and then most important the location i am going to build it

bring it to my house, you can do it in the shop we did mine in. It has about everything you could ever want.

i might just have to take you up on that offer but i am going to see if i can build it at the grarge that i have worked at off and on for years

if its close enough ill help ya.....

thanks for everyone who has offered to help me but before i can start building i really need to know what springs i am going to run in the truck so i can start ordering all the parts that i need. so if any one who has done the swap let me know what there take on springs at this point i am just trying to decided if i want to run leaf or coil, not lift height or anything like that yet

thanks for everyone who has offered to help me but before i can start building i really need to know what springs i am going to run in the truck so i can start ordering all the parts that i need. so if any one who has done the swap let me know what there take on springs at this point i am just trying to decided if i want to run leaf or coil, not lift height or anything like that yet
Already been answered. ;)

A lot of the guys on here are using the wild horse 5.5 springs.

and almost every one who goes leafs uses fullsize wagoneer leafs. I love mine.

i was kinda looking for info from more people then just two people and if i go off that i am at the same point i was when i put the post up

I know there are more, but this was a quick list that I could think of.

Wild horses coils:

FROADER
Burns
Stic-o
LD50 (in progress)
JrGraylor
svande8952
splodo49
KirbyN.
Dannyboy
Mudd*****
DiffWackDaddy
Joe93 (in progress)
mechanix (in progress)

Wagoneer Leaf springs.

sn0border88
spas
section525
RockRanger
j602
Skunk (I believe)
Derrick C.

what about cherokee rear leafs up front?

I thought about that first, but I went with what I knew worked.

Back