starting over again- expo5.0s registry | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

starting over again- expo5.0s registry

I decided to start a new elite registry. My old one is like 35 pages long (i'll link to it here) and it is extremely outdated.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103951

I promise to try to post pictures of this one of how i do things etc. rather than just the end products. I hope this will help other people with their own stuff.

I will also link to my write-up i did for Rick and this site on fiberglassing.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148359

This thread can also serve as a q & a for that information. feel free to ask me about anything you think i might be able to help with.

also, feel free to tell me i'm doing something wrong. I have no "education" so to speak or training in doing most of the things i try to do of my truck and i'd appreciate being put on the right track if i stray. In the same vein you might want to think twice before following my advice (this goes more for suspension and body work advice than for fiberglass advice, but i obviously can't take responsibility for anything)

thank you for checking things out

-drew

here are the most current pictures of my truck sort of as an overview-

Attachments

• IMG_0775.JPG
    IMG_0775.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,593
  • IMG_0896.JPG
    IMG_0896.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,613

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

more recent

wish ya'll could hear her run- sounds just sick with my most recent exhaust and engine work

Attachments

• IMG_1294.jpg
    IMG_1294.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 767
  • IMG_1295.jpg
    IMG_1295.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 770
  • IMG_1298.jpg
    IMG_1298.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 769

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

lol- that's actually my little brother. That car is my daily.

i don't know why he was posing like that, but it was funny so i did one too-

Attachments

• IMG_1299.jpg
    IMG_1299.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 771

i love how horrible your truck looks right now with all the body work showing, but when it gets paint, its gonna look sick. i love the bmw grill. at first i thought you fitted an actual bmw grill to your mountaineer, but then i saw the headlights were the same. i saw some explorer on cardomain that had an actual x5 front and a corvette style roll pan. i didnt care for the corvette roll pan, but the x5 front end looked awesome.

who said anything about paint?

i'm going for the "mini trucker rat rod look"- sort of a always under construction style

haha. well i duno if thats any better than the imports that run all over the place around in here in just primer. one guy was smart, he got his car painted this ugly blue color, but when he got his ground effects, they matched perfectly without having to be painted. he just has to put up with drving around a car that is the ugliest blue ever.

my theory is that if the bodywork is actually cool it doesn't matter if it's in primer or not. it doesn't look good to be in primer when all you have is bolt-on side skirts and a bumper you got off ebay.

Your front bumper is nearing extreme dimensions look.

yeah i'll agree with your theory. people can look at your truck and tell ALOT of work has gone into it. especially if they poke their head on the inside. I'm not sure which you've put more work into(i'd guess the interior) but you put a ton of work into both.

p.s. are serious about not painting it? i got the feeling you were being sarcastic, but you never know.

when the bumper isn't a different color from the rest of the truck it will look as i want/need it to in order for the truck to be as noticeable as i want/need it to be

couple more-

Attachments

• IMG_1302.jpg
    IMG_1302.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 726
  • IMG_1301.jpg
    IMG_1301.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 717
  • IMG_1300.jpg
    IMG_1300.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 724

dont know about the doors, thats pretty wild...what do you have going on inside that you decided to just get rid of that door? its still gonna have the passenger rear though right? so will there be 3 seats? trying to figure out what insane thing you thought up this time

you tell me-

seemed like a cool idea so i did it. plans call for assymetry inside. i'll make it all make sense one way or another

crazy, will be interested to see what you come up with!

150 bones, hell yes you got a good deal

btw, you have lost your mind :) That truck is crazy. have fun

I love that the look of your bumper man... looks like what I did on my mini-mini Blackjack model :D

a few pictures of the shock set-up. I know my camera has deteriorated to the point of barely working.

the front shock goes basically from that front-most "body mount" to a custom bracket i made off of the lower arm.

the rear ones are more clear

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 669
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 671
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 667

seats

york e.d.c.

functional shaker

Attachments

• IMG_1410.jpg
    IMG_1410.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 633
  • IMG_1419.jpg
    IMG_1419.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 635
  • IMG_1426.jpg
    IMG_1426.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 634
  • IMG_1432.jpg
    IMG_1432.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 666

Back