Stic-o Class C RV. Say hello to Sunny🌞 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stic-o Class C RV. Say hello to Sunny🌞

Well it's been a long time coming (although probably not the best time with gas prices 😮‍💨)

We finally bought a Motorhome.

2018 Forest River Sunseeker on a E-450 chassis.

*V-10/ 6 -speed
*28' (which really means 30'🙄)
*2 slides Kitchen/living and rear bedroom
*Outdoor Kitchen/ TV
*Rear and side cameras
*Tons of upgrades

Bought from a private owner who runs a RV repair place in the OC, and this was there private unit that they factory ordered.

Her name was Sunny, which we plan to keep.

20220305_144919.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I recently read an article that Campgrounds are going to install meters at each site and charge for electricity use.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Some RV parks specifically prohibit charging EV's. Guess they don't want the electric bills.

I added some gussets to the hitch on the Winnebago. I didn't like the plating they used to drop it below the body line.

Been working on the RV a lot getting it ready for a family trip.

In the cab, got the dash all locked down.

• New Pioneer Stereo and Speakers.
  • Redarc Brake Controller. (Have the same in the Ranger and love it. )
  • GloShift Transmission Temp Guage
  • Voltmeter with USB charging
  • Switches all wired up for front light bar
Also fixed the rear hitch as it was ground off on the bottom from dragging through dips and driveways.

Last I added Air Lifts Wireless One compressor to work with the factory Firestone Air Bags the motorhome came with. Originally they had a valve stem on each side in a storage compartment. Not really ideal. The new system which was pretty easy to install, comes with a wireless remote and has a app for your phone you can run it off of. It's pretty slick. 😎

20220612_215305.jpg

20220716_131530.jpg

20220716_153533.jpg

Been working on the RV a lot getting it ready for a family trip.

In the cab, got the dash all locked down.

• New Pioneer Stereo and Speakers.
  • Redarc Brake Controller. (Have the same in the Ranger and love it. )
  • GloShift Transmission Temp Guage
  • Voltmeter with USB charging
  • Switches all wired up for front light bar
Also fixed the rear hitch as it was ground off on the bottom from dragging through dips and driveways.

Last I added Air Lifts Wireless One compressor to work with the factory Firestone Air Bags the motorhome came with. Originally they had a valve stem on each side in a storage compartment. Not really ideal. The new system which was pretty easy to install, comes with a wireless remote and has a app for your phone you can run it off of. It's pretty slick. 😎

View attachment 431691

View attachment 431692

View attachment 431693
98.7? 101.1 is where its at :D think new order is on at the moment ;)

Towing test #1

• 100lbs in air bags
  • Hitch rise of 5-3/4" 😳
Power although slow seems to be fine. Not going to win any races. Should be interesting on hills🤔

Trans was already around 195*, so we'll have to keep a eye on this too. It's like 100* outside though.

Now the rear end says, like a 80 year olds ...(place what you will here) Air Bags made a huge difference, but the hitch, just sits way to low on this thing. Dips and driveways are a nightmare. Dirt roads are not even possible. For now we'll get a hitch wheel, and when we get back from our trip, I'll build a custom bumper for it, with a integrated Hitch that sits 6"+ higher.

Learned a lot from our 40 mile round trip to a Walmart.

20220717_161646.jpg

The license plate on the Ranger is just hilarious now.

20220717_164026.jpg

Towing test #1

• 100lbs in air bags
  • Hitch rise of 5-3/4" 😳
Power although slow seems to be fine. Not going to win any races. Should be interesting on hills🤔

Trans was already around 195*, so we'll have to keep a eye on this too. It's like 100* outside though.

Now the rear end says, like a 80 year olds ...(place what you will here) Air Bags made a huge difference, but the hitch, just sits way to low on this thing. Dips and driveways are a nightmare. Dirt roads are not even possible. For now we'll get a hitch wheel, and when we get back from our trip, I'll build a custom bumper for it, with a integrated Hitch that sits 6"+ higher.

Learned a lot from our 40 mile round trip to a Walmart.

View attachment 431714

The license plate on the Ranger is just hilarious now.

View attachment 431716
hey, i was there today too! didnt see you sunny or the ranger though :( probably different time- was at the cvs

Nice, nice, nice! I recently purchased a 1996 E-450 with a 460 EFI, auto. It is about the same size and is a Mini Bus from Birmingham AL transportation. It was used to move handicapped people and had a wheel chair lift on the right rear side. A perfect place for a slide out shower.
You may have heard this before, back in the 1950's the lead sledders would install a 2-inch-wide solid steel equipment rollers on the ends of the rear frame rails. That way when they would bottom out the vehicle would roll on a roller. Just an idea for the hitch.
Something like this

Nice, nice, nice! I recently purchased a 1996 E-450 with a 460 EFI, auto. It is about the same size and is a Mini Bus from Birmingham AL transportation. It was used to move handicapped people and had a wheel chair lift on the right rear side. A perfect place for a slide out shower.
You may have heard this before, back in the 1950's the lead sledders would install a 2-inch-wide solid steel equipment rollers on the ends of the rear frame rails. That way when they would bottom out the vehicle would roll on a roller. Just an idea for the hitch.
Something like this
The 460 was a great motor but it has a drinking problem.

@allmyEXes you are late to the party stico already has the rollers on his hitch but the hitch is still too low for his liking

That v10 in the rv is like the old Toyota 22r engine in those dolphin rvs
It will make it, maybe not quickly, but it will
Make it every time

The only problem with the V10 is all the power is in the upper RPM ranges so your foot is always down and the gas is flowing. The Ford chassis RV's have great brakes and are very reliable.

Supercharger! Or bt6!!!!

Heck how about nitrous!!

I got lucky traded my 6.8 f250
Pinks for a 7.3 excursion
I do have a 86 f250 plow truck with a 460 (now 472) it costs me $75 to go
Plowing……

I do have a 86 f250 plow truck with a 460 (now 472) it costs me $75 to go
Plowing……
$75 total or does that get you out of the driveway?

Our driveway is 3 miles lol $75 for a day of plowing which can get the road “open” again after a large storm.

With fuel at $5 now that would suck!!
Broke that truck so many times now I think she is finally built to handle it. The dozer takes over when the plow truck is outmatched (often) and last winter we broke the dozer and got it stuck!!
I’m looking for a large blower I can use to clear the road when we get 36” in one storm. This pnw snow is waaaaaaaaaaaay different the the Colorado high country fluff I’m used too

Off road plowing is very interesting…. 472 4 chains and a boss v plow, never boring back here

@410Fortune I see now about the rollers. Sometimes I scan a thread too fast...

I searched but couldn't find what I saw on a newer diesel pusher. It was a large plate with a completely adjustable receiver hitch instead of a traditional bar hitch. It was flush to the bottom of the coach body. Looked like a big flat plate, about 18" high, between the frame rails that was flush with the rear of the coach. Had bolt holes in line so you could mount the receiver at several different heights. It was real fancy. Kind of like what you see on the back of HD flat beds

Everything went well on our trip to Utah. Motorhome work well. No issues with towing. Was able to do 70mph except hills, then about 50. Gas mileage with this setup, leaves something to be desired 😬 Avg. 7mpg.

20220722_190744.jpg

Everything went well on our trip to Utah. Motorhome work well. No issues with towing. Was able to do 70mph except hills, then about 50. Gas mileage with this setup, leaves something to be desired 😬 Avg. 7mpg.

View attachment 432464
like that the rv seems much longer than i remember it seeming originally

Don't keep track of your mileage in the RV. No good can come of that.
It can always get worse. If it always gets 7 then drops to 5, I'd want to fix the issue quickly to get it back to 7.

What is your total weight? My 460 powered Car hauler loaded weighs 11.000 pounds and gets 6 to 8 mpg. Your probably a lot more than 11K...

Back