Stic-o's F-150 Supercrew | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stic-o's F-150 Supercrew

I didnt even know the Expy had an FX4 option. I thought about getting the FX4 wheels for my truck but I just cnat afford the 20" tires.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2003 expeditions started 6lug, like mine.

'03+ Expy's and '04+ 150's are 6-135mm

Those wheels I was looking at were actually 17" same size I have now;) not sure if I'll get them:rolleyes:

got the factory tow hooks installed today;) took way longer to cut out the holes in the plastic for the holes, then to bolt the hooks on.:rolleyes:

hooks.jpg

So finally towed with the F-150 last weekend. Rented a U-haul trailer and through the Ex on it to go play for the weekend. Truck worked perfectly, tows very well. You will not win any races, but still has plenty of power. Averaged about 11mpg towing, and I actually forgot the trailer was back there a few times.

Trailer5.jpg

Well I just ordered some upgrades;)

Edge Evolution programer.:thumbsup: Capable of adding 35hp and 50tq

and..

Gibson side swept Cat back Exhaust 15-20hp.:D

I already have a K&N Filter, but it's just the filter. It will have to do for now;)

Let us know how you like the additions. I have the K&N filter but thats it. I was wanting to add the exhaust and chip to see what kind of gains I can see out of it also.

looks nice

you get that edge plugged in yet? intake and programmer are on my performance list and i'd like to know from someone that already uses their truck for what i'm going to use it for(dd/tow rig), thinks of the programmer.

Got the Gibson installed... what a differance again!!:thumbsup: It rolls so easy now... Instant milage from the edge was sitting around 20 mpg the whole way home from my parents house at about 65-70mph :thumbsup:

I had no idea it was so green in SoCal

Nice truck :thumbsup:

Its not, we use sprinklers here to water our lawns, and trees. Everywhere that does not have sprinkers around this time of year is totaly brown.

So I'm looking to find some of these factory 17" wheels for the truck. I like the grey in them and it will match the truck;) I just don't want to pay much more then $100 bucks for factory wheels:rolleyes:

ALY03554U25904.jpg

So this is what the new wheels will now look like... Desided to go with a solid color;)

after_wheel.jpg

Next up is Harley Davidson Lights. I'm getting a spare set of factory lights for cheap to play with. This will involve cooking them in the over at 250* for a bit seperating, painting then re-siliconeing them back together. I'll be sure to do a right up for the 3rd gen guys, as it should be the same;)

and the out come is worth it:cool:

06harleyf150-05.jpg

Upgrades!!!

:cool:

Headlights, 4x4 XLT Custom Painted Wheels, Smoked LED 3rd brakelight.

Mod2.jpg

Mod1.jpg

Mod3.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

love the headlights, cant really see the 3rd light too well in the photo, and the wheels look dirty, but it is probably just the picture not doing them justice. They are still a vast improvement over the hideous chrome stamped wheels these things come with.

Back