Stic-o's F-150 Supercrew | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stic-o's F-150 Supercrew

Ran the F-150's Edge Programer on level 3 for towing this weekend and she performed great. Towing about 7000lbs she averaged 14 mpg to and from:thumbsup: Very happy with this set up right now. After leveling the nose though, I'm going to look into airbags for the rear. 7000lbs on the back and a bed full of fire wood really sank the rear. Power was fine though.;)

The rears on the F150 under a lot of load always sags the rear for some reason. We have the same problems with the 08 F150's we have at work.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

After some shoehoning, I have found I can fit the 150 in the garage, although It would be a pain to do everyday.:( I have less then a inch front and back with the door closed. Remideds me of the Explorer in my old place:p:

squeeze.jpg

You'll also notice, thaks to Section525;) I installed his old SD fog lights on my truck:D

My 02 S'Crew 4x2 has done well for towing... But I really need to set it up with trailer brakes before I do more heavy tows. Mine is a 5.4 tow package but 3.55s and limited slip (not sure why it doesn't have 3.73s). And mine fits in my garage with JUST enough room for me to walk around it.
garage025.jpg

OffroadScrew02.jpg

Its been a great truck and about to pass 100,000 miles soon. My wife drives it mostly as I drive my ZJ more.

My 02 S'Crew 4x2 has done well for towing... But I really need to set it up with trailer brakes before I do more heavy tows. Mine is a 5.4 tow package but 3.55s and limited slip (not sure why it doesn't have 3.73s). And mine fits in my garage with JUST enough room for me to walk around it.

Ford did goofy stuff with the gearing. My '05 SCrew 4x4 has the 5.4 with the tow package. It does have 3.73's, but came with an open axle.....Go figure:rolleyes: . One of these fine days I'm going to change over to an LS or locker.

I think the 2nd gen SCrew's are a far superior product compared with 1st gen SCrew's and look better. ;)

...Edit: note to self...Go to bed early tonight...:D

...I think you need to start modding the little wagon...:D

...Edit: note to self...Go to bed early tonight...:D

...I think you need to start modding the little wagon...:D

Actully I designed about a 2" spring lift kit for radio flyers awile back. Thought about selling them as a kit, but not sure if anyone would buy them. The springs work too;)

...It looks like you can raise it another 6" and it will still fit under the JP mobile...:biggthump

...The trucks look real good in that garage...Just be careful not to accidentally start another bathroom remodel...

...It looks like you can raise it another 6" and it will still fit under the JP mobile...:biggthump

...The trucks look real good in that garage...Just be careful not to accidentally start another bathroom remodel...

Hehe....I'll update soon on all my projects at home soon. Tore apart some of the kitchen (wife wasn't happy with that), created seating in my patio, and still have to pick up bricks from my dad for something else:p:

Lift the wagon!!!!! :D:thumbsup:

squeeze.jpg

Scored this today, guy lifted his 4x4 then sold it..

FREEBIE!!!!

Skid.jpg

I figured it would be good for some of the dirt road I tow down on.;)

Your Geico is hanging out.

Needs a bath... but got some new meats today:cool:

285/70/17 = 32.7" BFG AT:thumbsup:

150BFG.jpg

Ummm

Okay Truck
f150.jpg

Awesome Truck
150BFG.jpg

I really like the "super stock" look of trucks, that's how they should outfit the FX4 type packages from the factory (even though you're 2wd, that's how they should look)

looks bad ass

Towing out to T-haven last Oct.

T_T2.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back