Stock 96 fog housing HID retrofit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stock 96 fog housing HID retrofit

So i had d2r bulbs and balasts laying arround and 2 blown foglight bulbs so i decided to retrofit the D2R sockets into my stock fog housings.

Here are the results

th_cfff51e5.jpg

th_6d4afa96.jpg

th_b2f0c3fd.jpg

th_750b949d.jpg

th_215efeb0.jpg

th_88c8cc3f.jpg

th_f577fd4c.jpg

th_c52f2d67.jpg

th_c18f3ad0.jpg

by the way I used the Reflectors and Sockets are from a 2002 Nissan Maxima that the bulbs and balasts came from :-D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks kind of like red Xs to me... :)

Tried the link and it asks me to log in... try photobucket :p:

Sorry about the pics i will fix them when i get home :-D

Yay it works, i love having a smart phone!

Yup kinda crappy reflection and yea it was aiming down since the mounting brackets are broken so i now silliconed the lights to the bumper now aiming up a bit more :-D

laxattack said:
Yup kinda crappy reflection and yea it was aiming down since the mounting brackets are broken so i now silliconed the lights to the bumper now aiming up a bit more :-D

And also i took these pics with my phone too :-(

just an FYI you can get brand new depo fog lights on ebay for like 50 bucks or something, they come with everything, brackets, bulbs, harness.... I know the fog brackets on my friends 97 were really rusted and the bolts were rusted so bad they were stripping when I was trying to get them out...

Plus, every 95-98 I've seen has at least one totally black and crappy fog light, and one broken or missing one... Being that yours is a 96, I'm sure the fogs weren't in the best shape to start with, so it might not be a bad idea....

just sayin

Yea i know i just had the stuff lyin arround to do this and dont have anymore extra cash to to play arround with. When i do get more money then im doing an upgrade to the fog housing

Back