Stuck With An OBS Chevy | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stuck With An OBS Chevy

Snorkel would be nice, but again, horns in the way over there 😂

Time to start hood hunting

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Those air horns are not going to cause lean codes

You need to sort out the codes asap
Running lean is not good

This is a 96 correct? Is it Tbi or mfi fuel injection? Remove the air cover and we can see
The fuel injection systems on these old chevys can need some work otherwise fuel leaking or lean conditions can destroy your engine in short order. Parts are cheap and repairs are fairly easy, but I would not mess around with any upgrades until the codes are solved

'95 codes are only for the egr and the O2 sensors. Just guessed the hot air maybe could've been affecting it based on when it does it. Fuel injection, already have new O2 sensors coming in tomorrow, if that doesn't do it, then we'll do the egr

It looks like you have a Tbi intake there, the round air filter is Tbi and 95 was the year they switched to mfi (vortex plastic upper intake)! so they are half and half

I would plan to rebuild the Tbi injector assembly if it was my truck when they get old they leak fuel

But first let’s fix the codes! What are the codes you are getting?

32 and 13, and yeah, TBI, still fuel injectors on it and that threw me off, man I'm still tired 😂

We checked 'em out on day one, they look fine, but it wouldn't hurt to look into the injector assembly. But it ain't leaking any fuel or anything

20220519_102804.jpg 20220519_102756.jpg

Egr valve issue and 02 sensor circuit issue

Usually with a circuit issue the heater in the hego is fried
Do a visual inspection of the parts and wiring
Check fuses

Likely just needs a new 02 sensor

Which will be in tomorrow, so we'll see, if I still get 32, I'll have to work with that after my camping trip this coming week, should be able to make that 2 hour highway drive there after the O2 sensors at least, I'm sure. And if I can find a decent junkyard driveshaft or find a cheap one that can be in in the next two days. Probably could make it, but I don't want to chance them having issues been that far out. Running 20 mins back and forth to work is one thing.

They make a tbi to mfi conversion for that, which I highly recommend. The vortex fuel inj system is known to flake out repeatedly. I believe the whole kit is around 300 includes new injectors and lines to replace the "spider"

Could you send that in a message? Hopefully won't forget it that way! 😂
Have to look into that

Anyone know how affective a cowl hood like this would be for getting cold air to the engine bay? The center bit isn't open from what I can tell, may see about making it work, with some trx style lights in it as well. But the cowls actually help a bit?

Or I could nab that, middle picture, viper hood, certainly help with air flow 😂

Screenshot_20220520-103044_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20220520-103017_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20220520-102749_Samsung Internet.jpg

Could you send that in a message? Hopefully won't forget it that way! 😂
Have to look into that
Standard motor products brand. Part number FJ-504. No need for message this post will be here always.

Doesn't mean I'll remember to go a page or two back, but that still works thank you 😂

Anyone know how affective a cowl hood like this would be for getting cold air to the engine bay? The center bit isn't open from what I can tell, may see about making it work, with some trx style lights in it as well. But the cowls actually help a bit?

Or I could nab that, middle picture, viper hood, certainly help with air flow 😂

View attachment 429567 View attachment 429568 View attachment 429569
i think the ram hood lets hot air out, less of it taking air in is my understanding, but not sure! the viper one... looks cool ;)

Still helps the hot air issue then! Viper one looka funky to me on the truck 😂
And its fiberglass and would need hood pins, versus the stock replacement ram like one

Still helps the hot air issue then! Viper one looka funky to me on the truck 😂
And its fiberglass and would need hood pins, versus the stock replacement ram like one
vents hot air, yep! though not sure its for intaking air, just exhaling (?) :D i still say hood scoop hood schoop hood scoop!

Should still get a bit of cold air through the grille.
Well I can always do the ram hood for the look, cowl and lights, then add vents as well 😂

Was that from the 2000 election? I'm from Florida, don't blame me I voted for both of them.
I have no idea when it was from, country is in chaos now either way. Nice to see another Floridian, hopefully not a floridiot like me 😂

dunno if its covid or what, but since then everyone seems more tense and on edge... not a fan... pair that with heavy 405 traffic, and its not fun!!!
I have no idea when it was from, country is in chaos now either way. Nice to see another Floridian, hopefully not a floridiot like me 😂

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The years just get more and more interesting

Back