Sync w/ Navigation - Text Messaging Stopped Working... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync w/ Navigation - Text Messaging Stopped Working...

CanAdrenalin

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin
I have a 2010 with Sync with Navigation (Sync version 4.4) and as of yesterday, my Sync system stopped giving me text message notifications.

The text messaging feature has completely stopped working.

My iPhone 6 no longer shows "Show Notifications" under Settings>Bluetooth.

I have ensured that the MAP settings within the Advanced Setting under the Phone menu on my Sync system is switched to "ON"

I have disconnected a reconnected my phone multiple times.
I've performed a Master Reset... Nothing is working...

Why would it stop working all of a sudden without a hint of getting it back?

Rebecca from the FordIVTeam... HELP PLEASE!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi CanAdrenalin,

It looks like you ruled out SYNC as the culprit. If Show Notifications is no longer on your phone, try rebooting it to see if it comes back. If that doesn't work, please contact Apple to see if they have any further troubleshooting you can try.

Rebecca

Is it not the Sync system that allows the phone to show that option?

When I connect to my 2013 Focus, that option is available for that Sync connection...

FYI: disconnecting the battery for a couple minutes has solved the problem.

"Show Notifications" has reappeared in my Bluetooth phone settings - messages are coming in as normal.

I have a 2010 with Sync with Navigation (Sync version 4.4) and as of yesterday, my Sync system stopped giving me text message notifications.

The text messaging feature has completely stopped working.

My iPhone 6 no longer shows "Show Notifications" under Settings>Bluetooth.

I have ensured that the MAP settings within the Advanced Setting under the Phone menu on my Sync system is switched to "ON"

I have disconnected a reconnected my phone multiple times.
I've performed a Master Reset... Nothing is working...

Why would it stop working all of a sudden without a hint of getting it back?

Rebecca from the FordIVTeam... HELP PLEASE!

I just picked up a 2010 STA with the Navigation and SYNC...It currently has version 3.1 in it and I have tried to update to the 4.4, but I keep getting an error stating the data on the flash drive is not compatible with my system..How were you able to update to 4.4?

Hi saleen032,

The update is performed via USB. What is the capacity, and is it formatted to FAT32?

Shaay

I have tried with various flash drive, re-formatted. I have read on the sync forum that the update was sent out in error to some customers and it was not compatible with their sync. I keep getting the message stating the update failed and the voice message saying the update might not be compatible with my version

saleen032,

Previously, a blank copy of the update was released. We haven't released any updates that weren't compatible with the system. Are you receiving an error that says NO FILES FOUND?

Shaay

saleen032,

Previously, a blank copy of the update was released. We haven't released any updates that weren't compatible with the system. Are you receiving an error that says NO FILES FOUND?

Shaay

I am using a SanDisk 8GB Cruzer drive that is formatted FAT32. The files are there and The installation starts, then I get a message saying the update is not compatible for my system

I am using a SanDisk 8GB Cruzer drive that is formatted FAT32. The files are there and The installation starts, then I get a message saying the update is not compatible for my system

Can you provide the names of all files & folders on the root directory of your USB drive?

Shaay

Thanks, saleen032. Please delete the contents you have on your USB. If possible, download the update again using a different web browser. Take note of the time you did the download. I will need this if an escalation is needed.

Get back to me when you get a chance.

Shaay

Thanks, saleen032. Please delete the contents you have on your USB. If possible, download the update again using a different web browser. Take note of the time you did the download. I will need this if an escalation is needed.

Get back to me when you get a chance.

Shaay

I previously used Mozilla, I tried downloading again with IE, I got the same results. The message Sync voice said" Installation failed, There may not be enough space or the update is not for your version"...Same results as before...I downloaded the update at around !:30 PM EST today....

saleen032 - delete all songs stored on your Sync hard drive (if any).

If that still doesn't work try what I did - disconnect the truck battery for about 5 minutes, then reconnect. This seems to reset everything, then try the install.

No guarantees with this method, but it's worth a try.

I previously used Mozilla, I tried downloading again with IE, I got the same results. The message Sync voice said" Installation failed, There may not be enough space or the update is not for your version"...Same results as before...I downloaded the update at around !:30 PM EST today....

Thank you for trying! Please send your VIN in a private message.

Shaay

saleen032 - delete all songs stored on your Sync hard drive (if any).

If that still doesn't work try what I did - disconnect the truck battery for about 5 minutes, then reconnect. This seems to reset everything, then try the install.

No guarantees with this method, but it's worth a try.

Thanks for the suggestion...I did try that method but it still didnt install.....

Back