Tbars Project "X" begins | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tbars Project "X" begins

First and foremost my ranger is my favorite truck...I will not let any of you fools try to talk me into changing my new project into some rock beast, lmao...this rig is just to go camping and fishing in and thats it...it took all the money i had to buy and the seller was great and is a new member here....thanks rick, the seller that is...

I have never as much sat in an explorer and today was the first time i opened a door on one...

It needs alot of tlc and a new 4.0 motor as the current one is seized...It needs a bit of paint work as the clear coat is shot and the front fenders are a different color....

Notes
1) Kbabiak, you need to make some pre-made shipping tags with my name on them as I will be needed a bunch of little parts...
2) Admin Rick, I sent my new membership dues in at 8am this morning as i was hoping to be a new X owner...
3)All elite members, I am going to need alot of help and parts for my new to me, 91 XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...are you tripping alone or are you gonna catch up with froader in corona??? i'll be trailing with them...:D

i am gonna try just not quite sure what time excatly I will be heading out since i have to still get back home tonight.....still out here in Phoenix right now. But still have to finish packing the X and try to get some sleep before heading out.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Glad everything worked out:thumbsup: I'll be bringing out my new Puma air compressor if you guys need to air up out there this weekend.

...dannyboy, did you get my pm's???

...thanks mounty, i'm checking it out....

....ewww db1, you must be makin some good money....:D...i want to play with the new toy....:bounce:

I like your new avatar.

...thanks...i'm not sure if i'm sticking with it just yet...it's hard to post an avatar you can really see...

....ewww db1, you must be makin some good money....:D...i want to play with the new toy....:bounce:

I didn't bring the compressor out because I was in a hurry and forgot it:rolleyes: BKennedy has one of these and he is as happy with his as I am with mine. I found mine on Ebay through a vendor who has an online store there, do a search for 12v Puma compessor and a couple vendors will come up. I went with Buzzard Gulch and got it within a week for about $207 shipped. I was getting the run around from the other vendor there, saying he was waiting for the next shipment to come in...blah blah blah. Almost a month later I said you know what just refund my money and I'll try again some other time.

Anyways for the money, you can't beat it...about 3cfm at max. output. That's close to a Quick Air 3 which is double the price. You will have to supply your own air hose and rig up some longer power leads as they only give you really short wires to work with.

...thanks for all the info and the heads up on the vendors...i was checking out bkennedy's while he had it in use....the wiring and such is no problem...i almost brought my 5.5 hp roll-aire but it's to big to put in and out of the X...

...i forgot to update this due to all the fires...my Project X and i made our first trip to truckhaven with my trusty co-pilot just digging the whole adventure...here is a link to the trip thread...
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197788

...all the work i did before we left paid off...right front wheel bearing set, new rear brakes and 1 cylinder, new sliders, 2 goodyear mt/r's up front, and the best bang for the buck, 2 bolts i had welded on as steering stops to keep from punching in the caliper pins and loosing brakes when the caliper's rolls over...

...i thought i would post some pics of the truckhaven badges....;)
...my virgin sliders first mark...:D
th027cy2.jpg

...same spot, what it looked like when it got home...
thev3.jpg

the pumpkin found some soft pack the first day...
th043fw9.jpg

the notorious rear window mark, but no crease...:D
th106km6.jpg

and one of my favorite pics of the trip...
dsc0012resizewo7.jpg

So have you done any trimming? Or have the tires done the work for you already?

...i forgot to add i smacked the passenger mirror pretty good and it folded in...no broken glass and i can finally fold that mirror in...:D
...as of this moment the fenders are bent into shape...the mt/r's are actually 1 1/2" 's taller than the other tires were and they all are 35's...
...i'm not sure yet as if these fenders are staying, but, i keep running across 37" mtr's for sale...hmmm...:scratch:

hmmm....

...i forgot to add i smacked the passenger mirror pretty good and it folded in...no broken glass and i can finally fold that mirror in...:D
...as of this moment the fenders are bent into shape...the mt/r's are actually 1 1/2" 's taller than the other tires were and they all are 35's...
...i'm not sure yet as if these fenders are staying, but, i keep running across 37" mtr's for sale...hmmm...:scratch:

but compare how much tread is left on the all-terrains compared to the MT/R's

thinking about glass? or ? my fenders need to be trimmed alittle too since i was stuffing my 33's into em all weekend at truckhaven.

...i need to further figure out the theme i want first...not sure yet...

i can't imagine 35's on untrimmed fenders. my 33's rubbed like crazy (in the back) until i trimmed it all up with a mini sledge hamer :D

they actualy still rub in the front with the fender flares too.

...my old tires would barely touch the mint conditioned red fenders on full flex and dropping down onto the tire on a turn...the 3" body lift helps with that issue...
...this truck did have glass before, hence the red fenders...;)

...this is a fullsize pic of my current avatar...the rear tire in this pic looks tiny for a 35 but she is at max flex with the limiting straps...;)
thposer4fj6.jpg

Back