Tbars Project "X" begins | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tbars Project "X" begins

First and foremost my ranger is my favorite truck...I will not let any of you fools try to talk me into changing my new project into some rock beast, lmao...this rig is just to go camping and fishing in and thats it...it took all the money i had to buy and the seller was great and is a new member here....thanks rick, the seller that is...

I have never as much sat in an explorer and today was the first time i opened a door on one...

It needs alot of tlc and a new 4.0 motor as the current one is seized...It needs a bit of paint work as the clear coat is shot and the front fenders are a different color....

Notes
1) Kbabiak, you need to make some pre-made shipping tags with my name on them as I will be needed a bunch of little parts...
2) Admin Rick, I sent my new membership dues in at 8am this morning as i was hoping to be a new X owner...
3)All elite members, I am going to need alot of help and parts for my new to me, 91 XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i still love your red fenders with eddie bauer trim and grey painted lights

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

...i hate to break your's and izwack's hearts but i have a feeling they won't be red much longer, and for sure, before christmas they will take on a new appearance, even if it's just primer grey...;)

good, tp match the corners of your lights

...as i said before, the astethics aren't first on my list...being able to drive to the trails, doing what i want on them, and being able to drive it home in the same pices i got there with, that's first...the money i save from all the repairs can go into more new stuff...:p:

You said something about this truck having fiberglass fenders on it. Or am i confused.

If it did what happened to them

...before i bought the truck the first thing they pulled off was the glass fenders to give to their buddies...thats is the whole reason at the beginning of this thread i was trying to get that truck home as i was scared they were going to start parting the rest of it out...they told me they were going to pull the radio, heck, they cut all the harness connector, even where the speakers once were...
...when i got a tow truck out there someone had already pulled most of the lugs and put them back on by hand...the only thing saving me from finding it on blocks was the lug locks with no key...but it's all good....:D

...well i just got a really early Xmas present from my welding buddy...

...he just called me and i told him i was still trying to get a number from him on what i owed for all the welding he did for me...i told him if he doesn't come up with a number real soon, i will be getting some more new tires and he would just have to look at them as his money went to my truck, lol....he said nada, were even, i already paid him...
...i helped him trace out some electrical real quick on a 2 story hospital bldg. a couple months ago and he said that was worth all the time he put into my welding...
...i am surprised as i felt like i hardly did as much as he did, but he is as happy as can be and so am i...now i can get back to shopping for some more goodyear mt/r's...:D

Good deal!

...that present just gave me the extra energy to start on my next project on the X...:D

Hmmm i wonder what that next project is.....:scratch::D

Ted told me his next project is an ultralight.. his dog commanded it, therefore it must be done.

Ultralight_Aircraft_Airplane_Experimental.jpg

...a lumpia ultralite...lol..:D

...naw, my next projects for my truck will be slower than the pace i've been putting on my project X lately and they won't be so drastic, i don't think...:scratch:
...this is when i try and save money like a squirrel storing nuts since my slow time is between jan-mar and sometimes till june...next summer i am hoping to either do the sas or i have been keeping my eyes open for another project vehicle, something having to do with more speed...we'll see...:D

i have been keeping my eyes open for another project vehicle, something having to do with more speed

YES!! If you mean a prerunner, which is what i hope you mean, i say tear into that f250 you still have at your shop; it's all paid for, its reliable, you know its history, and its got a V8 and beams.

...easy tiger, lol...it won't be till next summer and i gots to make some good money first...my f 250 may turn into a hauler if it don't sell soon...:D
...on another note i found a 2wd sngl cab 2000 ranger that needs a new 2.5 motor for 1500 bucks if anyone is looking...it's an auto...

i agree with mounty! beams, v8, long wheelbase, :thumbsup:

...on another note i found a 2wd sngl cab 2000 ranger that needs a new 2.5 motor for 1500 bucks if anyone is looking...it's an auto...
The Ranger would be my choice -- lighter frame for optimal air-time.

Didn't you read my post/idea about the rotated mid-engine, transfer case turned into a V-drive and an upside down ford-9" combo? :D This Ranger would be a great platform for it.

Alright Ted, its time to retire that Ranger from work truck! :)

....i'm not starting any new project trucks, yet...and my ranger is doing fine as it is plus i need it for the snow...;)
...i wish i was sitting on some cash as i have been running across some killer projects for cheap...a lot of shops i deal with have been downsizing over the last several months, and recently a few have closed, as remodeling is taking a big hit out here due to the record amount of foreclosures and the fuel price increases...i have been lucky as i am busier than i want to be but i have to prepare for the inevitable slowdown...

but until i hit the super lotto, you guys are gonna have to just put up with me working on my Project X...:p:

...well, can you say sawzall...;)

...i got mine out and trimmed the front fenders a little bit...the pictures don't do it justice as they aren't that pretty in person...:D

goodyear005hx0.jpg

fenders005lx3.jpg

fenders003ng0.jpg

Back