Tbars Project "X" begins | Page 24 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tbars Project "X" begins

First and foremost my ranger is my favorite truck...I will not let any of you fools try to talk me into changing my new project into some rock beast, lmao...this rig is just to go camping and fishing in and thats it...it took all the money i had to buy and the seller was great and is a new member here....thanks rick, the seller that is...

I have never as much sat in an explorer and today was the first time i opened a door on one...

It needs alot of tlc and a new 4.0 motor as the current one is seized...It needs a bit of paint work as the clear coat is shot and the front fenders are a different color....

Notes
1) Kbabiak, you need to make some pre-made shipping tags with my name on them as I will be needed a bunch of little parts...
2) Admin Rick, I sent my new membership dues in at 8am this morning as i was hoping to be a new X owner...
3)All elite members, I am going to need alot of help and parts for my new to me, 91 XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...the problem i think was, the inner bearing actually wore out the part between the inner/outer bearings in the rotor until it was gone, and the rotor actually became free floating on the way to truckhaven...:eek:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

...i took some time tonight and repaired both front window motor's...:D
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209072

..and added the latest accessory to my X...here is also a link to it's writeup..;)
http://www.explorerforum.com/reviewpost/showproduct.php/product/357/cat/all
drophitch004hh2.jpg

What are you planning to tow with that? Is this in preparation for your upcoming Ranger project i keep hearing about?

...the upcoming ranger project is on hold till we have a better economy...as of right now i am downsizing to be safe and cutting my shop cost by half...;)
drophitch008cd5.jpg

...well, i just did the local trabuco canyon run last weekend, and i had the most thrilling but scary offroad moment you could have..:eek:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208205&page=2

...and i am getting ready to do pretty much a week long adventure starting in laughlin, cal/nev/ariz border...a day playing around the ghost towns in ariz, followed by 2 days on the mojave desert trail, followed by a day playing around calico ghost town by barstow...
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206814

...just picked up a 48 qt. food cooler, 5 gal. plastic, c.a.r.b. approved, no spill, gas container, and a 7 gal water container...followed by, i was able to get my new muffler relocated as it's been modified by rocks a few times since it was new in october...:rolleyes:...picked up a new little compressor to replace my faulty 2 month old one and swapped my deflators for the same, but new ones...

Man im going to have to get that hitch you have.

This is inspiration to get my bumper put on next week.

I need it to haul my smaller trailer for trash.

...the hitch is great...now if the tranny could match the hitch, lol...

...it is nice to have one drop hitch and be able to use different trailers but also adjust your height when it's loaded or empty...:thumbsup:

Yes i have not pulled anything with my explorer for about 3yrs because of the size....

I like this one better than a normal drop hitch

Bad@ss vehicle!

That vehicle is impressive! I tinted the front window, free photoshop :D

...thanks donner...burns' X is just as tall and he has a solid front axle on his...burns got to see mine out at truckhaven for his birthday...:D

...just wait till you go out there and see the big dog's trucks...they all have their own personalities and make mine look timid...;)

I'm hoping to do just that... You guys have some serious vehicles! Zukman has a pic of some of them... incredible!

Donner if you ever get out to truckhaven you will never forget it. It was so great to get out there.

Best Birthday so far :)

Believe it! I'll try to get there... You guys gonna have videos from the next runs??

...if you click pics and mod list in my signature, it will lead you to a video from truck haven on my elite page...the first video has about 10 of the 23 offroad trucks going thru a ditch...;)

That is just too cool! It's the timing and [crawling] that's a trip... and the exhaust/engine/motor, the sounds, man, the sounds! Trip!

Pardon the interruption but did'nt you have driving lights in the front bumper? i don't see em in this pic. and did your front plate go mia?

attachment.php

...the front plate has always been in the rear storage and the front driving lights and rear back up's were removed when i did the new rock lights...;)

be sure Harley's flag is on the truck while crusin the back country. I didn't see it on in the runaway pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Back