TDS '08 Who's going? | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TDS '08 Who's going?

I'll help, since I should be able to take the measurements while standing up...

Reminds me of the campfire at T-Haven when I realized your actual height and asked you about it. You look much taller in your truck:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Reminds me of the campfire at T-Haven when I realized your actual height and asked you about it. You look much taller in your truck:thumbsup:

Ouch!
Colin is a big man in other ways than size. As an old Lake Havasu PD Sergeant told me............."Son, you don't have to be big to be bad." Of course, he was a little guy.

Looks like i'm rollin' solo again, my friends aren't gonna make it out. Still shooting for Friday afternoon arrival.

LOL...guess i have to respond. I really haven't heard good or bad about it nor have I seen one in action, DWD summed it up pretty good though. We've all seen wristed and extended radius arms in action and both work very well, I think it's a toss up between the two IMO.

LOL...guess i have to respond. I really haven't heard good or bad about it nor have I seen one in action, DWD summed it up pretty good though. We've all seen wristed and extended radius arms in action and both work very well, I think it's a toss up between the two IMO.

That is what I was thinking about it. I liked the idea of not having to hook that wristed arm back up to tow it home, but I don't think its worth the extra cash. A wristed RA costs maybe $20.00 worth of metal and hardware, and a lot of free time.

We should arriving Friday after dark, so keep the night light on please.:cool:;):p:

I never pin my radius arm, Even when I drove it to and from the trails. It doesn't move enough to worry about it. I've hit the brakes pretty hard (locked up the tires) a couple times....OC drivers...

I'll be coming up with 5-10 rigs from our club (Baja Crawlers) We will be out there Friday Eve. we are probably camping close to the event though. I hope to meet up with you guys for a run or two.

I'm bringing some kick ass Tequila so feel free to stop buy for some:D

I did notice when mine wasn't locked back in, but I haven't had that thing in since it's been on the trailer. I only put it in now for road trips, which are rare. Even so, it takes less time to put that in than it does to set up your flat tow system :D

I'll be coming up with 5-10 rigs from our club (Baja Crawlers) We will be out there Friday Eve. we are probably camping close to the event though. I hope to meet up with you guys for a run or two.

Awesome Chris, i'm curious to see what an Explorer on 40's looks like in person.
Time to update your avatar too:D

I did notice when mine wasn't locked back in, but I haven't had that thing in since it's been on the trailer. I only put it in now for road trips, which are rare. Even so, it takes less time to put that in than it does to set up your flat tow system :D

So, it goes back into place by itself?

I'm bringing some kick ass Tequila so feel free to stop buy for some:D

I would love to see your rig. You know where we will be at, but we would have to find you, so........come on over!

So, it goes back into place by itself?

No, but it's like a big pin for a reciever hitch. Stick it in, maybe a couple of taps with a hammer, insert pin. Done.

No, but it's like a big pin for a reciever hitch. Stick it in, maybe a couple of taps with a hammer, insert pin. Done.

Ok, thanks.
I guess we could just talk about TDS on this TDS thread, but hey, this is more fun.;):p::p:

Just cur'ous about the date...

Good to hear Chris. I can't wait to see the big black beast in person!

My pin was in for the first trip to truck haven. When I took it out, it never went back in.

Is this a 4-day event? First post says 2/28-3/2 (Thursday-Sunday?) Thanks!

I don't think anyone is heading out till Friday afternoon at the earliest

I will find your campsite and be there by 8:30 on Saturday Morning.

The girl and I decided one night of camping is plenty so we're going to do dinner and a no-tell motel on Friday night up by Palm Springs or Indio.

And the Ranger is a go. Last night I changed the starter, front brakes and bled the system, shock bushing, checked the tires, cleaned the air filter, charged the battery and fixed a window that wouldn't roll down. Also pulled the wrist pin out! This truck was one of the originals on this site to get a Dana 44 SAS, I think it was done in 2000 or 2001. It's got some trail damage to show for it, on the roof once and both sides at least once, BUT it didn't lose a tail lens YET, I'm sure Truckhaven will change that.

And on a side note, how does everyone carry their fluids, last trip I purchased a special storage container to hold 2 gallons of coolant, 5 qts of tranny fluid, 5 qts of motor oil, brake fluid, power steering fluid, gear oil and packed them all in there neatly and stuffed it with towels and then put that packaged into an action packer that was strapped down. I was sick of tools poking holes in bottles bouncing around loosely. Sure enough, I still managed to shake the lid off a whole bottle of gear oil and it soaked everything. I need to figure out a way to carry spare fluids that is compliant with my driving style. Suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've got work late Friday night, and Sunday afternoon - I might end up just driving out there early Saturday and heading back Sunday morning :(

Back