TDS '08 Who's going? | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TDS '08 Who's going?

Roll Call

Okay, I read 8 pages about camping, TDS, midgets, dana 44s, etc. Here is where it looks like we are at

Drivers for saturday run
Bambi Killer (Arrival Friday 10:00 AM camping at truckhaven)
DB1 (Arrival Friday afternoon)
BKennedy (arrival Friday afternoon)
Froader (arrival Friday 10 P.M.)
Stico (is Zukman w/you or bringing their rig?) (Arrival Friday after trailer shopping)
90Ranjo (arrival Friday evening)
Micromachine (meeting Froader on 91)
Boomer12 (?)
Brother of Jefe (arrival Sat A.M.)
Dannyboy (arrival Sat 8:30 A.M.)
Fakrwee (arrival Sat A.M.)

Sunday Run
+Green Goblin (sorry James, Matt is calling his rig the black goblin now, so you get a new name or we get confused)
-Fakrwee
-Brother of Jefe

Others who are mentioned to show up
Markham- Izwacks brother
RockRanger(if work and money permits)

Others who have lingered around this thread who we would enjoy having on the trails
Diff Whack Daddy
Section525
Tdavis
Donner
RangerX
Fat Cat

I also will post a pic that helped me match up Brian's maps. I have camped at Truckhaven in the upper 2 spots off Marina drive and on the bluffs with this group. My skillz are weak so sorry about the quality.

And FYI its 283 miles from my front door to the camping spot.

Attachments

• tds.jpg
    tds.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 257

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

zukman still has a empty engine bay:thumbdwn: Earliest you will see that truck honestly is Fall. It's getting Explorer 4.0/C5 and D44/9inch upgrades right now;)

Okay, I read 8 pages about camping, TDS, midgets, dana 44s, etc. Here is where it looks like we are at

Drivers for saturday run
DB1 (Arrival Friday afternoon)
BKennedy (arrival Friday afternoon)
Froader (arrival Friday 10 P.M.)
Stico (is Zukman w/you or bringing their rig?) (Arrival Friday after trailer shopping)
90Ranjo (arrival Friday evening)
Micromachine (meeting Froader on 91)
Boomer12 (?)
Brother of Jefe (arrival Sat A.M.)
Dannyboy (arrival Sat 8:30 A.M.)
Fakrwee (arrival Sat A.M.)

Sunday Run
+Green Goblin (sorry James, Matt is calling his rig the black goblin now, so you get a new name or we get confused)
-Fakrwee
-Brother of Jefe

Others who are mentioned to show up
Markham- Izwacks brother
Bambi Killer
RockRanger(if work and money permits)

Others who have lingered around this thread who we would enjoy having on the trails
Diff Whack Daddy
Section525
Tdavis
Donner
RangerX
Fat Cat

I also will post a pic that helped me match up Brian's maps. I have camped at Truckhaven in the upper 2 spots off Marina drive and on the bluffs with this group. My skillz are weak so sorry about the quality.

And FYI its 283 miles from my front door to the camping spot.

I will be there fri. at about 10:00 am we are camping at T.H if any body wants to hook up with us call me 760-497-7799 cell

We will arrive Fri afternoon and Brian just like Motel 6 WE'll leave the light on for ya! lol

I wont be making it. I won't be getting out of LA till at least 7pm of Friday assuming everything is on time and I don't have to work on Saturday. If I have the weekend off I am hoping to spend in in the garage working on my truck.

zukman still has a empty engine bay:thumbdwn: Earliest you will see that truck honestly is Fall. It's getting Explorer 4.0/C5 and D44/9inch upgrades right now;)

To Zukman: just buy Toms Zuk...it runs:p:

I get off at 1:30 on sat. so I will be there around 4:30 I hope. I took the top off the jeep so I don't damage it. I was thinking about taking the doors off too. :D:eek:

Stic-o or moderator....Can we get the directions in the first post so it's easier to find;)

Dave post that up in your #2 post. I got the truck all done, complete with a long test drive, washing and a krylon protective coating on the bumpers and sliders. It better treat me good for the before and after I brought it back from.

Attachments

• Ranger 007.jpg
    Ranger 007.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 165
  • Ranger 015(medium).jpg
    Ranger 015(medium).jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 164

Dave post that up in your #2 post. I got the truck all done, complete with a long test drive, washing and a krylon protective coating on the bumpers and sliders. It better treat me good for the before and after I brought it back from.

Wow, cool rig to borrow...gonna be hard to not go-fast it huh:p:

I copied that image to the first post. If you need any more directions or whatever, just hollaa .. I just hope that waypoint out in the middle of the water in that map isnt where you guys intend to camp :)

As for my brother, sorry but he probably wont make it, he's painting his Zuk and the transfer case still needs to be regeared -- his first run will be the April Mojave Road run.

Dave post that up in your #2 post.

Done. Anyone who missed the campsite directions BKennedy posted they will be on the second post of the first page of this thread.

mjlogan, i've seen you on Pirate alot in the california trail rides or whatever it's called. There's a lot of runs posted up here too for Cleghorn and Big Bear, keep your eyes peeled;)

anybody bringing a grill? I can bring mine or at least a tank of propane to use. I'd prefer not to lug my grill on my trailer 300 miles but I will.

I'll have my little grill, as always. You can leave the whole set-up at home and use mine;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I baught 5 ammo cans to install on my CJ-7 to hold everything I will need on any run. 1 Large can, 2 maedium cans, and 2 small cans. Now I just have to figure out where I want to put them tomorrow:confused:. :D I have a few other things I need to install too. :rolleyes:

Maybe I should change my Name hehe. :D

Back