The Black Pearl SAS and build | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Well now that Im Elite i figured Id start a thread to document my SAS build...

100_1653.JPG

5060.JPG

0414170712~2.jpg

0906171907.jpg

1027171821.jpg

1027171926.jpg

1027171946.jpg

Screenshot_2017-05-07-23-03-06.png

Screenshot_2017-09-11-23-25-57.png

0910171104.jpg

0910171147.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

got the new coils put on, flexes out pretty good i think so far. Everything looks good to me, speak up if you disagree, id like to know.
0530191928.jpg

0530191929.jpg

0530191929a.jpg
That right rear tire is about an inch off the ground, It was nice that i could feel the second the weight shifted off that tire.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I like that idea. Should be able to get the bumper done with weekend, depending on which way i want to go with the reinforcements.

Well **** @gmanpaint I was playing with the tig welder last night on the rear bumper... Now it looks more like a banana than a bumper.

Got volun-told to come into work for a bit by the wife but I'm going to attempt to straight out two pieces of 1/4 plate steel later today with only the tig torch.

Jesus.. I haven't been into the shop in almost 2 months, what a shame.

It actually gave me a little inspiration to get back on working on my truck.

Well that's a good thing then. A little at a time, at a steady pace, will get er done.

Lets shoot for at least 2 trips this fall.
Beginning of October at Moonlight for the shakedown run, and Smorr before Thanksgiving, for the full on hold my beer-watch this run.

Not too hot, not too cold, Not as thick with greenery on the trails, etc..

That works.

Well got the truck turned around at the shop last night the throw a charger on it... I have a large amp draw on the system. I suspect its over 10 amps, put an old school 2/10 amp charger on it last night (on 10 amps) and about an hour later went and checked on it and the charger clamps, battery terminals and battery were hot to the touch. ALL BAD.

my at home fluke meter doesnt measure amperage draw ( its old) so i need to bring my work meter home and start pulling fuses. i tried the old school way and measured amp draw across the fuses but getting an accurate reading was a pain in the ass. Might have been the meter too. Brand new AGM battery and it wont hold a charge for more than 3-5 hours. :frustrated::hammer:

I need some inspiration for rear 1gen bumpers... Its been a while since ive seen any bumper builds.

Not picture worthy but a little update, 3/8 steel plate fits nicely between the rear frame and the cross member to reinforce the bumper/recovery mounting points.

got them partially welded up last night. Going to shoot to finish welding them this weekend.

A rear bumper like section525 has would look great on yours.
If i had easy access to tubing bender i would build something like that. The flat plate works for the squared off corners of the first gen IMO

F®ck it I'm done with the bumper... Double, triple checked everything. Spent the better part of the day drilling out the mounting plates and they are off FML. I'M DONE

Back