The Black Pearl SAS and build | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Well now that Im Elite i figured Id start a thread to document my SAS build...

100_1653.JPG

5060.JPG

0414170712~2.jpg

0906171907.jpg

1027171821.jpg

1027171926.jpg

1027171946.jpg

Screenshot_2017-05-07-23-03-06.png

Screenshot_2017-09-11-23-25-57.png

0910171104.jpg

0910171147.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Also stumbled across at Yukon ZipLocker for the Dana 44 with very low miles on it for $432 shipped from southern California, although i have the York setup on the LS i am going to run an independent compressor for the locker. No on/off switch for the compressor itself, just going to be hot with the ignition on. Then there will be a switch for the locker itself to engage/disengage. With 1/8 nylon air line the compressor shouldn't run very long at all... if it does, then there is a problem.
ziplocker.jpg

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Nice looking shifter setup:burnout:

Crossposting for those who dont follow one thread or the other:
Whoo hoo early Christmas for me!! I have searched long and hard for a set of these. I saw a picture of them on a black 1gen almost 10 years ago and have been searching for them ever since, and a set popped up for sale so I grabbed them. These will be my favorite mod to date!
FB_IMG_1601214356933.jpg

The guy had a SPARE set laying around
20200928_175956.jpg

man oh man those are getting rare!
Do yourself a favor and put a light bead of clear silicon around the edges where the clear lenses meet the plastic backing....they will last alot longer if you do this!

Wicked cool finds. triple shifter, yukon zip lock, and clear tails!!

Keep water out?

yes moisture the aftermarket lights are sealed with inferior glue to OEM

Guess I'll have to use some ford stuff from my dealership lol

Tail lights came in!!!!
20201002_190025.jpg

With the red LED brake/turn bulbs.
20201002_194634.jpg

I dont believe I posted this setup.
Got all the autometer gauges setup. Tach, fuel, oil pressure, water temp, voltage. And trans temp to the far right where the 4x4 switches used to be.
20200913_111901.jpg

As far as street stability, is there any way to drill a hole without losing strength and use maybe a tractor implement pin to lock in place until you hit the trail and simply un pin it? I may be way off kilt here just a thought that happend when I read the post, good luck!

As far as street stability, is there any way to drill a hole without losing strength and use maybe a tractor implement pin to lock in place until you hit the trail and simply un pin it? I may be way off kilt here just a thought that happend when I read the post, good luck!
What are referring to?

Never mind. When I clicked on the post it took me to the first page and I just realized there is almost 20 pages. Sorry. First time using my cell to post. I was referring to your full tilt axle links. A way to maybe lock them in place for street driving.

sway bar disconnects! Yes many of us have fabricated those, or just run parts from Jeeps....there are plenty of aftermarket sway bar links that use pins to disconnect.
After years of this I just removed my sway bars altogether

Yeah I'm sure there is a write up on here somewhere, you can flip the end links and run a pin if I remember correctly.

Yup all that is exactly what i was getting at! :thumbsup:

How well does your Autometer fuel gauge work?
So I also am running autometer fuel gauge.
They do not make one that works with the 1988 in tank fuel sender, so I had to custom build the in tank sender using guts from a Gen II (if I remember correctly) and it works..............kinda. I have an IDEA of how much fuel I have left, but its not perfect. Also with no anti slosh module in the circuit I have to use my best guess..
So how well does yours read?

So far it reads correct. Now mine is still in the shop for the swap. But I found the correct resistance readings for the first gens. I put a few gallons in it and it responds appropriately, but I am only putting a few gallons at a time. So assuming my level sender is still operating as intended, it should read correctly.

copy that! Mine read dang close before I put the tank back in, its still close, just not like OEM
Keep me updated

I will. As soon as I have enough of a need to fill the tank I'll let you know. Dont want to fill it and go to waste just idling lol

Back