To the Good Ole' boys near Colorado | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

To the Good Ole' boys near Colorado

HIX

Reaction score
City, State
Denver, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Mazda 4.0 4x4 SuperCab
I am coming back to Denver after a looonnnggg
8 months out in Philly. I have been waiting to hit the great trails that I remember so fondly in Colo, Utah, New Mexico. I am either going to hit Moab or the trails in Colorado on the 6th thru 9th of August..... any takers? I would be going to the big Explorer Run on the 13th, but I am getting married. Any and all are welcome to come w/ me. I will be at 1(215)373-4076 until the 29th of july. After that I will be at 303-794-3724. Give me a call if you are interested. You can email me @ jhix@lycosmail.com as well.

------------------
HIX

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome back Hix,
What part of Colorado are you moving too?

Aug. 7 and 8 are open for me...

David
Longmont, CO

It's good to be back! I am coming back to Denver/Longmont/CastleRock for just the next month. I can't tell you how much I have missed it! I am getting married in Lyons on the 13th of next month. I can't wait to get out of the Metro area and hit some trails! My dad's place is at the Fox Hill Golf Course in Longmont. Let me know where you all are meeting up and I'll be there. I prefer Moab, but I will wheel anywhere. I am not too familiar w/ the trails near the denver area(most of my wheeling has been in the Durango colo, Farmington NM, moab area). Let me know what y'all think.

------------------
HIX

[This message has been edited by HIX (edited 07-25-1999).]

I LEAVE FRIDAY!!!!!

I was thinking that Holy Cross Trail would be a nice day trip. I am going on 8-9-or 10th.
It's up I-70 a little ways. It is an 8 on a scale of 1-10(supposedly).

Any takers?

Give me a call at (215)508-3016(before fri)
970-794-3724(after sat)

or email at jhix@lycosmail.com
anytime

------------------
HIX

I LEAVE FRIDAY!!!!!

I was thinking that Holy Cross Trail would be a nice day trip. I am going on 8-9-or 10th.
It's up I-70 a little ways. It is an 8 on a scale of 1-10(supposedly).

Any takers?

Give me a call at (215)508-3016(before fri)
970-794-3724(after sat)

or email at jhix@lycosmail.com
anytime

------------------
HIX

Hix,

I havn't been on Holy Cross but it is rated pretty extreme. Have you taken it before?
www.cosports.com/fwhldr/4x4trails.htm#Killer 4X4 Trails

I am planning on doing some local rock crawling on either the 7 or 8. The trail is called Barking Dog and is just west of Lyons. I don't think I can make it to Holy Cross this time.

David

[This message has been edited by dmeis (edited 07-28-1999).]

I did it once three years ago in a 69' Bronco. It was not THAT hard. It was about as easy a Poison Spider Mesa in moab.

I have recently moved to the Greeley area, and I will be looking for opportunities to take-in the local trails. Although I am spending alot of time traveling between So. Utah and Colorado on the weekends, I would love to spend some time on the backroads. Please keep me posted. Thanks.

I found a crashed airplane last weekend west of Lyons. Would anyone want to go up on Aug 28 or Sep 4 to check it out?

David

I will be there! Dead Link Removed Going 4 wheeling is always fun! Specially with these new lower gearing that is currently being installed.

------------------
Ryan Penner
1992 Explorer Sport

Back