Trans Help A4LD internals swap

fryedauto80

Reaction score
City, State
Hemet, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Ranger XLT
Hello,
So, I have this 94 with the A4LD trans, I lost all forward gears and had to drive backwards about 2 miles home about a month ago. After allot of research I replaced all internals with that from a 5r55e, finally installed trans yesterday. While building fluid pressure all felt right, I could feel all selections on the shifter, then only reverse again!! Help!! I dont understand what the hell is going on!!Called a local shop and they didnt even understand how that internal swap could happen.. So I'm seeking "ACTUAL PROFESSIONAL HELP" i.e. Expereanced help

Have you read through this thread:
Have you read through this thread:
I have gone through it, there's really only one thing i know i didn't do and that would be removing the washer in the back. If i drop it into 1st it almost wants to go. I have noticed a bit of whinning from what I'm thinking it's the torque converter. Matt need to swap those as well damnit. Also, I didnt mess with the servo's, not at all. Could this be a problem?? Another thing im noticing is that its like the whole thing is locking up .when in a certain gear while it should be moving forawrd

Back