Truck Haven 2007 Feb. 10-11 Discussion Thread | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven 2007 Feb. 10-11 Discussion Thread

Ahh what's a granola?:confused: I must have missed something.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For you guys that are bringing motorhomes out I have a question/favor. Do any of you have an exterior 120v outlet that I can plug into overnight. What I need to plug in pulls about 1.5 amps of 120 power so I doubt it will drain your batteries. If no one does then I will need to track down an invertor or I probably wont be able to come. I have over 100ft of extension cord so I can stay far enough away to not be bothered by running generators. I need the power from say 9pm till 6-7 am. If you need more info you can PM as I would rather not go into it on the forum.

On another note ...why are we on the bluf for this run? It's harder to get to for the RV's, it's alot smaller space, and there is no protection from the big "W". Just curious.:confused:

We are doing it cause it is 20 minutes closer for those of us from the San Diego area. That is why. :p: :D

Oh, and I forgot - New Play Areas, that have only been visited by me & Brian! :D

Seriously, there's a few areas that are interesting to the northwest of the mesa that as a group, I don't think we've spent any time in.. :D

Uhm, Matt, I normally carry an inverter (250w), and I have a spare 12v deep discharge I can charge up.. You planning on watching TV all night long?

Sent you a PM Tom.

Matt, I've placed one of the batteries on a charger, and if it dies, I'll charge the other up tomorrow..

For you guys that are bringing motorhomes out I have a question/favor. Do any of you have an exterior 120v outlet that I can plug into overnight. What I need to plug in pulls about 1.5 amps of 120 power so I doubt it will drain your batteries. If no one does then I will need to track down an invertor or I probably wont be able to come. I have over 100ft of extension cord so I can stay far enough away to not be bothered by running generators. I need the power from say 9pm till 6-7 am. If you need more info you can PM as I would rather not go into it on the forum.
That is great that you have a 100 foot extension cord to keep you away from the generator noise, but if I leave mine on all night, I will be sleeping on top of it, since its located at the back of my rig. I'll tell you what, if you get those losers who were playing Mexican disco all night from the last trip, I will be running the generator.

I'll tell you what, if you get those losers who were playing Mexican disco all night from the last trip, I will be running the generator.

....Um papa um papa um papa...:p:

Friends of yours Brian:D

mariachi.jpg

....Um papa um papa um papa...:p:

Friends of yours Brian:D

mariachi.jpg
Ahhhhhhhh, no. But they could be the grandparents of the losers from last trip........ It was more like dom dom dom dom dom dom dom dom dom, all night long. I don't care if you want to go out in the desert and make noise, just do it away from everyone else so if they don't want to listen, they are not forced to......that is all I ask. Not too much, I think.:rolleyes:

Vetoed

Just got the VETO.

I tried but its hard to argue with a pregnant woman who makes sense and makes valid points:confused:
I hate it when they pull that crapola!!!:roll:

If there is an AZ run I will be there.

I was lookin forward to seeing all you guys again...dag nabit!

Have fun, lots of pics please.

Originally Posted by FROADER View Post
I was going to bring the clubs and practice off the roof of one of the RVs that will be out there. I just wanted to be sure about the weather for it.

oooh golf oooh i love golf!

Alright, You're both BANNED!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Potluck

If you haven't signed up for the potluck, please do so. :hammer:

We need:

Munchies/Snacks/Appetizers
Plate
Napkins
Condiments

Originally Posted by FROADER View Post
I was going to bring the clubs and practice off the roof of one of the RVs that will be out there. I just wanted to be sure about the weather for it.

Alright, You're both BANNED!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Fine we can hit golf balls off my roof!

Trailer is full of fire wood now.. So, don't forget to bring fire wood!

Dropin the Explorer off at my parents Thursday, so we can load it and lots of wood;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:salute: ok

Even if you are comming out for the day, please bring any extra wood you can.:D

Thanks

That is correct, we must be able to raise a signal fire that can be seen from the ISS.

:D

BTW, nothing like a 3ft pile of wood burning... Into 2ft piles of embers, smoking in the AM and still hot the next evening.

Back