• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Truck Haven 2007 Feb. 10-11 Discussion Thread

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Might this be it :D

Thanks for the photo Tom and Jefe;)

How about some directions to that spot from 86 and S22. Once I have that, I'll send out an email.

DB_1

Elite Ranger
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Quinta, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 SC Ranger xlt
I guess I missed it but what happened to the "usual" spot?

FROADER

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Huntington Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Eddie
From the 86S make a right on to s22, as soon as the road starts to go uphill and the first road closed sign will be on the right as the picture shows. For those who have trailers or big RVs may want to pass it, go to the next available dirt road, and make a u-turn to get to an easier access road. Here is another pictures with descriptions of this. Hopefully they makes sense.

I stole them from Jefe's page. :D

BluffCamp.jpg

BluffCamp1.jpg

BluffsCamp2.jpg

FROADER

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Huntington Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Eddie
Rick I remember you were a little concerned about doing the pot luck incase some granolas drove by or something. Are we still planning for this?

Mud Bug 94

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bloomingdale, N J
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT-367k miles
if only i could make it to California in 5 days(from the northern tip of jersey) id go....

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
for the bigger rigs coming from the east you'll have go a little farther and make a 180*. With my parents RV and flatbed there is no way to doulble back in that close of space. There is a turn out a little farther down the road on the oppisite side.

On another note ...why are we on the bluf for this run? It's harder to get to for the RV's, it's alot smaller space, and there is no protection from the big "W". Just curious.:confused:

Mud Bug 94

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bloomingdale, N J
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT-367k miles
ill do umm...180MPH (approx) ill meet you there.

Glacier991

EF Tranny Guru
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Sacramento, CA 95827
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
Ya know, I think I might enjoy meeting you all....

FROADER

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Huntington Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Eddie
for the bigger rigs coming from the east you'll have go a little farther and make a 180*. With my parents RV and flatbed there is no way to doulble back in that close of space. There is a turn out a little farther down the road on the oppisite side.
Did you see my post with the color coded pictures? :)

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
On another note ...why are we on the bluf for this run? It's harder to get to for the RV's, it's alot smaller space, and there is no protection from the big "W". Just curious.:confused:
For the view.:p: :cool:

Jefe, if you still have yours, bring it out. Forget bottle rockets, that plane is going to get it this year!!! :p:
I'm briging this out...........forget potato launchers, how about OOO Buck????
1100.jpg

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Rick I remember you were a little concerned about doing the pot luck incase some granolas drove by or something. Are we still planning for this?

Yep...

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH

Mud Bug 94

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bloomingdale, N J
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT-367k miles
i have recently discovered health issues that limit my traveling for now (diabeties) but maybe one of these trips ill join in:)

tdavis

Linux Guru, Jack of All Trades
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pinole, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 F250/XLT Superduty
Callsign
KG6MAX
The bluff has WAY more space than the "usual" spot. It also has no real soft spots - so no large RV can get stuck. Yes, it's a little bit more difficult to get into for the larger vehicles.

Most importantly, there is few families with kids roaring around the campers on motorcycles/ATV's up there.

The view is also better..

Most importantly, the granolas will be looking for people in the usual area(s) - which is normally just off North Marina Dr.

FROADER

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Huntington Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Eddie
FI'm briging this out...........forget potato launchers, how about OOO Buck????

We're going to have to chip in for a new plane. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
The bluff has WAY more space than the "usual" spot. It also has no real soft spots - so no large RV can get stuck. Yes, it's a little bit more difficult to get into for the larger vehicles.

Most importantly, there is few families with kids roaring around the campers on motorcycles/ATV's up there.

The view is also better..

Most importantly, the granolas will be looking for people in the usual area(s) - which is normally just off North Marina Dr.

Just needed a explanation. Thank Ya sir;)