Truck Haven Fall 2018 - Veterans Day Weekend | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven Fall 2018 - Veterans Day Weekend

I have been visiting the RV daily and working on the solar redo. Just got the 10/2 gauge direct burial cable in today's mail. It is great for solar wiring because it stands up very well to being on the roof of a RV. I should have it all done by Monday. I took off the 3 15 year old 48 watt panels and am replacing them with two 120 watt panels. I will test them out this trip and if I don't think its enough, I can add another panel.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I’m gonna try to make this. Update on the Navajo. Just finished installing a 455 hp 347 stroker. Pretty much went through the whole truck again. Can’t wait to try it out.

Nice, that should run great out there:burnout:

Well this isn't good... I just had the injectors, high pressure pump and lift pump replaced a week ago. Lift pump was replaced with a FASS and I think that is what went bad.

IMG_20181028_115922.jpg

IMG_20181028_120753.jpg

We are planning on visiting the Palm Springs Tram on Thursday and have possibly have dinner up there. If anyone else wants to go.. let me know!

Weather has been beautiful here lately, hopefully it holds up. I'd join you but Ill be working. I've lived here 18 yrs now and still haven't been on the tram...someday. I have heard the food isn't that great at the restaurants up there so take that for what it's worth.
Nearby in downtown are some good restaurants, Billy Reed's is good home style food and reasonably priced. Lots of Mexican restaurants...most popular is Las Casuelas but La Bonita's is good too.

Thanks Dave! We'll take it into consideration. We was planning on going late afternoon, early evening to at least see the night view from up there.

Replaced the radio in the Superduty, got tired of the slow as molasses android radio ( v4.4, 6" screen, dual core, 1g memory.. not enough of everything) with a universal double din 10", and WOW!

Also worked on the camper some, replaced a faucet that we did not like in the bathroom, but found why that sink was leaking due to no seal between the old faucet and the sink.

Well this isn't good... I just had the injectors, high pressure pump and lift pump replaced a week ago. Lift pump was replaced with a FASS and I think that is what went bad.

View attachment 163936

View attachment 163937

Yikes.

Dave, some of us are going to be there from the 7th to the 13 or 14th. Come over for a visit or a beer at the campfire.

So @Rick, does that mean no SEMA? :(

So @Rick, does that mean no SEMA? :(

I'm in Vegas right now. I wasn't going to bring the truck here. The rig is in the shop and should be done by the time I get back on Friday.

BTW, I didn't know how my eye was going to do on a long drive. I'm happy to report there were very minimal problems.

I'm in Vegas right now. I wasn't going to bring the truck here. The rig is in the shop and should be done by the time I get back on Friday.

BTW, I didn't know how my eye was going to do on a long drive. I'm happy to report there were very minimal problems.

So you took the Stang I hope :D

Take lots of new Ranger pics please:thumbsup:

Spent the last two days cleaning the RV and upgrading its solar system. It was hot on the roof of the RV today. I must have climbed up and down the ladder ten times because I kept forgetting stuff I needed on the roof. Ended up with half the garage up there.

Can't wait to get out there. Seeing all the toys at SEMA makes me want to get out and play in the dirt:burnout:

Final court date tomorrow. Please cross your fingers that everything works out, they already tried to low ball me.

Final court date tomorrow. Please cross your fingers that everything works out, they already tried to low ball me.

Fingers and toes crossed. Best of luck to you Sue.

Yikes.

Dave, some of us are going to be there from the 7th to the 13 or 14th. Come over for a visit or a beer at the campfire.

I'm planning on going fri night through sat. Definitely in need of some camping.
I'm no longer self employed so I can't make my own schedule like I used to.

Don't take any crap, get what you deserve.

I'm planning on going fri night through sat. Definitely in need of some camping.
:thumbsup:

Spent the last two days cleaning the RV and upgrading its solar system. It was hot on the roof of the RV today. I must have climbed up and down the ladder ten times because I kept forgetting stuff I needed on the roof. Ended up with half the garage up there.

Good, I know where I'm staying Friday and Saturday night :p

DUUUDE! I'm stoked you're going to meet us out there. Been too long man. You're bringing the ranger right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

DUUUDE! I'm stoked you're going to meet us out there. Been too long man. You're bringing the ranger right?

Ranger is out of commission, just coming out to hang out with everyone and camp.

Back