Truck Haven March 17-19 2023 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven March 17-19 2023

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Report from T-Haven, 04/18/23.

Fantastic WX: Clear, mid 70's, light breeze. Got a little late start (10:00 am) after some shopping in Salton City. Ran Marina Dr. Trail from HY 86 through T- haven all the way to S22. Then on Into Borrego Springs. Ran Coyote Canyon from Di Georgio Road to the dead end in Sheep Canyon. Had to ford 4 water crossings (See Attached Pic.). explored B. Spr. and then returned to Salton City via the W. Truck Haven trail, from S22 near Font's Point Rd., east to S22 again, the back onto Truckhaven Trail from S22 into Salton City.

Great Day. Most of the trails were kinda busy, so no worries about running Solo and getting Stranded. As we were running the Pole Line and service Rd parallel to the 86, we hit something sharp, and the Low Tire Alarm for the Rt Front went off. Backtracked to Truckhaven Wash, under the 86, and came out in Salton City, then limped to the hotel, which we made with 5# left in the tire!

Good samaritans helped me pull the tire and installed the spare. I put a plug in the bad tire, which is now the spare, and aired it up full with the ARB compressor kit that Ford gave us for being patient, waiting 18 mos. to get the truck! Holding 40# so far. Will check it again tomorrow!

Helped an old couple find their missplaced jeep while in Coyote Canyon, and gave them water as they were looking a little frazzled. Got the Karma payback with all the help I got with the tire swap and repair at the hotel!

Now we're off the the Indian Res travel center just up the road in Desert Shores, where gas is $1 a gal cheaper than the new Travel Plaza in Salton City!

All in All, a great day of wheelin'. Sorry you guys missed it.

Wet Bronco.jpeg

surprised truckhaven wasnt mud haven! looks like a fun time!

I'm glad you guys had a good time out there Ray. A year and a half wait is unreal. You have a lot of patience!

suppose the old saying holds true: good things come to those who wait & are patient!

Last of T-Haven Trip: Sunday, 3-19-23, am. left Ray and Carol's Hotel by the Sea about 9am. Headed into Borrego Spr. on S22, South on Yaqui Pass Rd , then West on 78 to Plum Canyon, (A-B State Park) to scope it out for a different event later in March. Not at all challenging 4X wise but a neat spot nevertheless. Barrel cactus blooming, etc. Pic attached. Then home Via Banner, Julian, Santa Isabel, Ramona, Escondido, East on the 78 to Oceanside, then N on I-5 to D.P. Started raining on us N. of Oceanside. Just beat the incoming storm. Great trip though.

Plum Cyn 1.jpg

Sorry we missed this Ray. Looks like you guys made the best of it. Yesterday was the first Sunny and warm day I have seen in, a long time. I don't pay these kind of taxes for this kind of weather we have had this year.

Thanks Stic-0. We actually had a good time, and while it would have been even more fun with the group,, we both would still do it again. And Oh Yeah, forgot to mention: Got our corned beef and cabbage for St Pat's on the way out on Fri. Stopped for lunch in Banning just off I-10E at a place called Gramma's. They were having a special on CB&C! Big portions, so we got 2 meals out of it! Again, all in all, a great trip. Gotta get the group to go, if it ever stops raining, that is. Silver lining of all the raink, the deseert is really green and the wildflowers were great.

AB Wildflowers 23.jpeg

Sorry we missed this Ray. Looks like you guys made the best of it. Yesterday was the first Sunny and warm day I have seen in, a long time. I don't pay these kind of taxes for this kind of weather we have had this year.
if I'm being honest it felt too hot! (at least in DTLA) walking around it felt too hot, my body probably adapted to this weather as of late! its becoming comfortable, just no detail work lately :(

Back