Mojave Road (NV/CA area) March 17-19 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mojave Road (NV/CA area) March 17-19

...thanks boomer...i can't get that link to work but it might be my connection as i am still out camping...:rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's not just you because it's no longer working for me...stupid BLM...:rolleyes:

...ok, i just went out and shot my wad...i just purchased my first ever cooler, 48 quart marine igloo, 1-7 gal aqua-tainer, both fda approved and 1- 5 gal plastic c.a.r.b. approved, spill proof gas can...;)

...brian1, are you bringing a grill of some kind??? otherwise i'll get some extra tin foil for heating my burrito's and the dog's chicken taco's on the motor...:scratch:

...brian1, are you bringing a grill of some kind??? otherwise i'll get some extra tin foil for heating my burrito's and the dog's chicken taco's on the motor...:scratch:

Planning on bringing a really small 2 burner propane stove mostly for making a dinner of some kind. Probably going to do some manifold cooking/reheating myself for breakfasts and/or lunches.

Just got my tires rebalanced and alignment done for the long trip. Still need to do a few more things and then start packing friday and saturday.

...:bounce:...it's already 81* here, kinda by the coast...:rolleyes:...count on paying $4 a gal for gas as it is going up daily here...i'm trying to get my stuff together while i am trying to schedule all work for when i get back...
...i am going to see if i can afford a plug in inverter so i can run my laptop and maybe a cam while we are out there...:D

...i am going to see if i can afford a plug in inverter so i can run my laptop and maybe a cam while we are out there...:D

I bought one specifically for this trip :D Its just a small cheapie with 1 outlet to power my laptop and charge camera batteries if needed.

I figured gas would be around $4. :( I just filled up here today for $3.09 Extended forecast for the area looks good. 70's high and 50's lows

So is it still just you two going or is anyone else confirmed? Really wish I could have done this, but at least there's another run in April.

As far as I know Thunderhorse is joining us with 2 rigs for the Mojave road so there should be a total of 4 vehicles. I havent heard different from him. Probably just Tbars and me in Calico on Thursday.

...i still have a feeling one or 2 others may still come down with that awful bug that is going around and will need to get to the rare mojave air for it's medicinal purposes...:D

*Cough* *Cough* *Sniffle* *Sniffle* :D

...thats what i'm talking about...:D

...the only problem is it will take at least a weeks paycheck to do the run with gas as it is...i'm planning on being dead broke when i get home..:rolleyes:

Yea and i am gonna have to wait to the later run cause it's gonna take some time to save up some cash and get the time off to do it .

...i would check in the thread for the other mojave run next month as i think it is being changed, do to it was the same date as the next truckhaven redemption run...:dunno:

...brian1, what i could find from the other guys who left tonight, they show ranger reports of salt flats is to muddy to cross and it's suppose to start raining on sunday there...:bounce:

Well that sucks but I figured that could happen. If it is we can just bypass it and then backtrack to travelers monument which is supposed to be on more solid ground.

So we havent decided where to meet Monday morning and what time? I am at the Tropicana Express (Old Ramada). Where is the camp you are planning on staying at? How about meeting at the Laughlin visitors center shown on the top of this map? http://www.visitlaughlin.com/ltourism/about/maps/city-map.jsp Since Monday wont be a full day trip there is no rush to get started early. I was thinking maybe meeting at 10 AM? how does that sound?

...i won't know where i'm staying till i get there...:D

...10 a.m..:scratch:...cool, i can get a couple hours fishing in...:bounce:

So I just realized I have an AZ off-road guide book and it has some cool trails in the same area as the old mine we are going to Monday. So, now with a little more to do/see how about meeting at 9:30 instead of 10, that way you can still get in some fishing :thumbsup:

....it's all good with me...i still got to get my ariz. fishing sticker...:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok, lets plan on 9:30 Mon then.

did you get the PM with my cell #?

Back