Truck of the Week JoshC 3/15/04 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck of the Week JoshC 3/15/04

I'm Josh Cassell and here is my picture: Dead Link Removed

My Explorer is an XL 4door 4wd, but here are somethings i have added:

Interior:
-JVC CD player
-replace all 4 5x7's
-Changed the seats out with 2000 model seats
-first aid kit
-"custom" rear cargo storage space
-added 2 front power supplies and a CB
-rear power supply and fire extinquisher
-Garmin etrexDead Link Removed

Exterior:
-Dead Link Removed with Hi Lift mount
-Steel Horse Roof rack
-2 Hella 500 lights on front of rack
-2 Hella 530 lights on brush guard
-manik brush guard
-manik tail light guards
-2 Blazer lights on the back of rack
-Home made nerf bars
-fender flares (forgot what brand)
-front tow hooks
-Dead Link Removed
-Reese roof mount bike rack

Suspension:
-Front--2" TT
-Rear--Monroe Air shocks, ad-a-leaf, shackles
-removed rear sway bar

My motor, which is the 4.0 OHV is stock. I don't know a thing about motors so i don't work on them. It has been a great motor, 123,000 miles on it now and does not burn any oil. The truck came to me as an automatic but when the second tranny kicked the bucket i changed it over to a manual 5-speed. Took a lot of time and about $2000 but it was worth it. Here is the thread and write up on my conversion: Dead Link Removed. I have changed the exhaust for a Flowmaster series too. Just about every thing no the truck as been replaced, literally. I call it my "lifetime warrenty truck!" The gears came as 3:73 open, so for the rear i added a Dead Link Removed and i love it! Since the 97's came out with the "no 2wd" option, with a little help from KMak, another member, we figured out how to disable this option with an inline switch, which now gives me 2wd. With the switch off i can still use the tcase and actually put it in low range, and be in 2wd low. It is great, i do use this a lot when i'll pulling up really steep hill here in WV. Here is my thread and write up on it: Dead Link Removed

My tires and wheels in the pictures below are ARE Bajas with 31" BFG AT's. I also have the cheapo grey wheels that came on it stock. I added 31" BFG MT's to them, i run them if i'm going out for a big trip or i know i'll be using my truck for off road work during a weekend, but both tires are awesome for off road and on road.

In the Process:
Dana 30 off of a 95 XJ with 4.56 gears, Dead Link Removed in it. Work is being done by Cory at CRL Customs. I've got all 5 35's. They are Dead Link Removed. Here is the Dead Link Removed to the thread for the work.

I absolutly love my truck and would not get rid of it for the world.

Here is my photo gallery: Elite Photo Gallery
A couple more sites with misc. pictures:
webshots more pictures

Happy trails!!

attachment.php

This is courtesy of Spas:
6507jot_mini.jpg
Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Way to go, Josh- Welcome to the club!!!! I still remember you coming up to Paragon and running your X through all the obstacles when it was practically bone stock, and the hilarious stories you and your pal Jamie had to tell us in the restaurant afterwards ;)

Thanks for doing what you doing what you do- I'm sure if Doug knew, he'd tell me to tell you the same thing and to say Congrats on TOTW too! :thumbsup:

That is one hell of a truck Josh! Thanks for fighting for us and come back safe!

Wow what an honor. Thanks for thinking of me while i'm over here in the arm pit of the world, haha!

A couple of updates on my truck, before i left country i added some steel to the frame for the steering box since i had problems with that. I also bought some Yukon axle shafts. Upgraded with the 297 ujoint. I think that's the one anyways. I've been pleased with my truck and i hope to get a few things done with it when i get back home.

I'm glad you were able to check in to see your truck as TOTW :D The SAS turned out great. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person some day.

Take care!

Originally posted by Rick
I'm looking forward to seeing it in person some day.
Maybe we'll head out to Truckhaven or Moab one of these days!!

I plan on buying a powerstroke and a trailer when i get back. I'm wanting to make it to Thaven really bad. Isn't that normally in January?

Yes, it's normally the 3rd weekend in January, but I think we're pushing it to the last weekend in January to accomodate Diffwhackdaddy's schedule.

nice job on the explorer....all i did when i saw the pics was shack my head an say thats just insaine....:chug:...i bow down, it looks awesome sitting up so high and the paint just is kick a**....sorry i'll stop drowling...

im proud of you man! on the truck and the service! be safe. get home soon!
gabe

I would've gone with a stronger axle in the front if I were you, but it's still a nice X, good job.

BUCHVILLEMAN said:
im proud of you man! on the truck and the service! be safe. get home soon!
gabe

Thanks Gabe! And you're welcome.

CLB, thanks for the compliments and you aren't the first one to tell me that.

hi i´m new on this page. how can i put my truck pic on tis page.
I´m from mexico and here is not comon see a explorer 4x4

Welcome to the site Antonio. To post a picture you can become an Elite Explorer and you can upload pictures directly to here or you can have another site host a picture, right click on the image, go to properties, copy the url of the picture and then in the reply part of a post you use the img button to help you post the picture.

This probably wouldn't be the best place to put a picture of your truck, but you could start your own thread to show us your truck.

What's the LOL for? :p

Thanks though!

JoshC said:
This probably wouldn't be the best place to put a picture of your truck, but you could start your own thread to show us your truck.
Sorry forgot to quote this... i just got a kick out of it anyway very nice truck i love you bumper i'm looking to get one sorta like that for my ranger

I was just being polite! :D

nice truck it looks just like mine but mine is stock i am looking into a sas and nice bumper too. :monkey:

Thank you. I guess your's is the same color? I love this color, i think it looks good with the black.

Back