Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Dana Point, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
22 Bronc Badlands
Callsign
AE6H
Is anyone considering a Truckhaven 2024 Run on MLK weekend in 2024? That's Jan 13,14,15, 2024. Only a little over a month away! Or... another week-end? For us retired folks every weekend is a 4-5 day weekend. Sorry, Just had to throw that in. :thumbsup:

Deb and I did last year's truckhaven solo, 'cause other folks had to back out for various reasons. We still had a good time, but it would have been better with some of the old (and new) gang.

Let's think about it!

Ray Hutchinson, AE6H

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sadly I won't be making that, but y'all go have fun and take plenty of pictures/videos for the rest of us!

The Pumpkin is still on the disabled list. I plan on working on it once the garage project is complete. Stuck in limbo until then.

Ohhh Rick. Garage project! What's that entail? Garage Projects are always good!

Ohhh Rick. Garage project! What's that entail? Garage Projects are always good!

First upgrading the power panel at the house from 200A to 400A service. Then running a trench out to the garage for heavier wiring that will support a 200A panel in the garage. Planning on running three mini splits heads for 5 tons total.

Spray in insulation on the bottom of the flat roof, and on the walls, and finally drywall.

When I had the garage built i really didn't know exactly how it would be used. I figured it would mainly just be for storage since I already had A/C in the attached three car garage. Once I had the first lift installed in the back garage things changed because it's just so much easier doing work on the lift.

mach1_lift.jpg

ram_lift.jpg

The Pumpkin is parked to the left of the lift on the left.

The JKUR is getting regeared that week.

Great Garage , BTW Rick . I'm definitely envious.

As for T-Haven, well it just didn't happen this MLK weekend, But that's OK. Pretty cold and windy out there right now.

Can we put something together in March or April, before the heat gets oppressive? Let's think and talk about it!

Far better still, let's make it HAPPEN!

The JKUR is getting regeared that week.
Hey Tom,
Did it happen (Gearing) ? If so, how's it drive? On highway or will it need to be trailered? Let us know!

No, it got delayed a few weeks.. The JKUR goes on Monday, Jan 29th.

Currently, it drives fine on flat ground, but hills will cause it to hunt between gears, and the fuel economy has dropped 2 to 3 mpg due it can't get into "eco" mode..

Really can't wait to get it back with the 5.13 gears.

What about February President's Day Weekend for a 2024 Truckhaven run? That's February 17, 18, 19, with possible spillover a day either side?

I'm picking a 3 day weekend for those who don't have as flexible schedules as some others. We've got a month to prepare!

What say you? Anyone???

What about February President's Day Weekend for a 2024 Truckhaven run? That's February 17, 18, 19, with possible spillover a day either side?

I'm picking a 3 day weekend for those who don't have as flexible schedules as some others. We've got a month to prepare!

What say you? Anyone???
:hammer:yall almost that time! cant go myself, but consider this a bump

No bueno here. Explorer works but, I still have something broken or cracked in the front end from my last trip to Cougar Buttes. Haven't had time to hunt it down.

Ranger is working on needing a new transmission sadly 😥

Navajo is collecting dust.

Bronco is good, but going up for sale. Need something a little less expensive and first time driver friendly.

Garage project is well underway now. Excavator came this morning.
PXL_20240130_215326970.jpg
PXL_20240217_162526630.MP.jpg
Screenshot_20240217-090127.png
PXL_20240217_162536935.NIGHT.jpg

They ran into a buried footer for a block wall that had been installed in the wrong location. When we moved I to the house the gate was at an angle and put us right onto the neighbors property. They had to knock down the wall and add a section of wall to make the gate side straight. Unfortunately they left the beefy footing.

Now we need a jackhammer.

PXL_20240217_170336891.jpg

The wound up tunneling through the obstruction...

PXL_20240223_170445812.jpg

PXL_20240223_170505606.jpg

Back