Truckhaven, Jan 14/15/16 2005 Sign Up | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven, Jan 14/15/16 2005 Sign Up

FAKRWEE said:
I Now if we can just convince that crazy Texan and his lovely lady to fly in it would be icing on the cake.

That crazy Texan and his lovely lady are currently both unemployed, so that's a bit much of an expense to take on right now. Great to hear you're back on the trail again; we do wish we could be there! :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Alright CHAR, made it happen! I could hear your voice yelling "DRIVER'S MEETING"!!!!!!!!!!!!! while I was reading this.

Tom (Chief), buddy, its great to hear you are coming out. This trip just keeps getting better and better. We have been without our chief for too long.

Has anyone seen the weather?? Highs of 67, lows of 40, clear skies and sun for next weekend. No mention of high winds. YEAH BABY!!

My truck should be out of the shop by tomorrow. Bring it home, paint up the new metal, install the winch, and lets wheel!

If anyone is interested in some of that synthetic winch rope, check out Redneck Concepts.

Looking at the list of participants, this is going to be a good trip. I might bring my loser friend with the Zuk along. Now he is locked up and has a new tranny. Won't be able to follow him by the smell of burning tranny fluid.

BKennedy said:
My firewood got very wet the last few weeks. :mad:

Same here.

Also, this will probably be the last time I'll be able to bring a bed full of firewood. I should have something else to fill the bed by May.

tdavis said:
I should have something else to fill the bed by May.
Interesting tease... I guess a camper!

I may have a bed of firewood this trip. I doubt I'll be able to do my clutch by then. It's been raining steady for days, and this was the weekend to finish it. :mad:
So, I'll drive the F250, lots of room for wood and xmas trees! Plus, room to bring home axles from Felix. :D

Also, RockRanger called me Friday. he's working in North Dakota, but plans to be out with us for a day or more with his new Ranger!

The kid who is working on my truck just called and said he is sick. He will have the front bumper done, but the rest is on hold. At least I can still come out and wheel.

Sick, Shmick, get back to work, punk! :p

It'l be great to be back.

Bill are you home? Give me a call, maybe you can drive the navajo out.

RangerX said:
Interesting tease... I guess a camper!

Well, yea, but it's going to be a few months before I will get it.. It will be built to order.

Almost heard from the whole gang. The only one we haven't heard from is Ray Lobato.

Well, I was hoping that I could make this, but I have bad leak in my Rack and Pinion and don't have the money to fix it right now. I also don't have the time as I had to take time to go back to Albuquerque for my Dad's furneral and take care of business there. I am hoping for Moab this year. Sorry, I will miss you guys.

Ray Lobato said:
I also don't have the time as I had to take time to go back to Albuquerque for my Dad's furneral and take care of business there.

Sorry to hear about your dad Ray. Hope to see ya soon buddy.

Well I made reservations in the Holiday Inn in Indio. It's only about 20 min. fron TH on the 86. I'll be arriving Thursday and staying til Sunday. My cell number is 760-213-5437. If anyone esle is arriving Thursday we can do a pre-run. If not I'll be Friday early at the spot we usually camp at. Channel 9 CB ok?

I am sorry to hear about you loss, Ray.

Fakrwee,

I dont think channel 9 on the cb would be a very good choice. As that is the emergency channel. Insted you may look into channels 7, 8, 10 or 11. :)

I unfortunatly wont be able to come down till Friday after work.

I will have my cb on when I get close to you all down there. So please let us know what channel you will be running incase there is a night run Friday night. I dont want to miss that if at all possible.

I dont think channel 9 on the cb would be a very good choice. As that is the emergency channel. Insted you may look into channels 7, 8, 10 or 11. :) QUOTE]

Good point ;) 11 sounds good.

Ill be there friday am. Who else is going to be there for a run then.

Do you think truckhaven will be mudhaven, or will it dry out enough to camp by then?

-joshua

Good question, maybe we should have camp of the left side of the main road, on one of the little side streets. Better drainage/higher ground there. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

RangerX said:
Good question, maybe we should have camp of the left side of the main road, on one of the little side streets. Better drainage/higher ground there. :thumbsup:

Tomorrow is the last day of rain, so we have wendsday and thursday to dry out. Don't know if that is enough, but I'm sure there will still be water outthere. Those washs arn't exsactly small :rolleyes:

Hell are regular spot may be in the wash now :p

Back