Warrior 153 shackles install with pics | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Warrior 153 shackles install with pics

The bolts are supposed to be 14mm bolts (don't remember how long). 1/2" bolts will wobble around in the spring bushing.

~Mark

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's the specs on the bolts for the WP shackles...

Class 8.8 14mm bolts 4.25" long, Nylock nuts

or you can upgrade to 9/16"x 4 1/2" grade 8 bolts

If you need to drill the holes out bigger use Cobalt drill bits.

+10 im doing mine tomorro i did the 2'' tt in front now the shackles in back ill put pics up later tomorro thanks for all the help

will they fit if i have the ford towing hitch to they look like mthey might be a little close idk has any one done it on a 1997 with the tow bar

Yep, they'll fit.

Kevin, I installed them on my '97 xlt which has the tow package & have had no clearance problems.

have any pics how the aal are installed... i don't think mine are doing anything :( i bought some to try and lift the rear with my shackles more. i bought the rough country lift coils and i guess im gonna need a older f150 leaf pack... any ideas would be great

warrior 153 shackles

Just had my new qarrior 153 shackles installed today by my mechanic, and he said it was a good thing I didn't try them myself with hand tools, because it took him 1/2 hour with an air chisel to get the old ones off! He didn't want to use a torch because of the rubber bushings. They look great! and it really restored the ride height perfectly. Also had new shocks put on, and what a dramatic difference!!! Thanks for the photos and the inspiration though...I'm glad you were able to do yours yourself...it's a little rougher in the rust belt!!!

I'll have to take some photos of it, and post here. Next step, 31" tires!! wonder if they'll fit....?????

with the warrior shackles and a torsion twist up front, you should have no problem fitting 31"s. probably wont even have to do much trimming if any.

This is great. Can't wait til I get some to put on mine! :D

Any ideas on how to remove a bolt that goes through the end of the spring pack? I've got 3 of the 4 bolt loose, but the lower right isn't budging. It's been soaking in power steering fluid for a couple days. Multiple whacks with a BFH and still nothing.

I used a railroad spike ground to the right size & a 3lb sledge.

btw this is a good write up, but also this is a noob question, im goin got buy the war 153 shackles but when i do the picture on the sites i go to are different then what everyone is using on the forums, should i worry what the picture looks like as long as it says war 153 shackles?

btw this is a good write up, but also this is a noob question, im goin got buy the war 153 shackles but when i do the picture on the sites i go to are different then what everyone is using on the forums, should i worry what the picture looks like as long as it says war 153 shackles?

I noticed the same thing, I'm on my second set and when the product arrived it was correct.

BTW I'm glad my post has helped.

Four0Sport and everyone else this thread was perfect pretty much answered any questions i already had. I had a 94 sport but had to let her go i miss that tank. Now i have a '96 XLT and i wanted to do a mild lift and put some nice size rubbers on i think the tt and shackles will cover that without an issue.

just got done putting the shackles on and it looks sick! and big thanks to this awesome write up it helped and went easlier

Did the instal a few days ago. What a difference. Have a set of Monroe reflex on the back the only thing is now there is alot of creeking if I push on the bumper. Any thoughts if that gonna be a problem or just something normal.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did the instal a few days ago. What a difference. Have a set of Monroe reflex on the back the only thing is now there is alot of creeking if I push on the bumper. Any thoughts if that gonna be a problem or just something normal.

Thanks

Mine does this, the mattress creaking I get comes from the front spring bushings just in front of the rear tires. I've found this to work the best to stop it as it goes on like wd-40, then turns to grease:

https://www.google.com/search?q=liquid+wrench+chain+lube

Back