What am I doing with these Dana 60s? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What am I doing with these Dana 60s?

Dannyboy

Other Make & Models Mod
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
43°48′48″N 91°13′59″W
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 4 do'
...That I scored today. matching 60s front and rear. 4.56 gears from a 2004 F250.

:scratch:

Attachments

• 0622081736.jpg
    0622081736.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 445

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah, it has the tie rod and steering stabilizer but doesn't have the drag link. The sway bar even came with it.

no idea how I am going to move them, the dude loaded them with a fork lift. I bet Izwack needs to get a few neighbors to help him manuever his axle around.

If they're off of a '04 F250 then that rear should be a Stirling 10.25/10.50".

no idea how I am going to move them, the dude loaded them with a fork lift. I bet Izwack needs to get a few neighbors to help him manuever his axle around.
Ahaha yeah good luck -- you'll definitely need a few people, especially with the front.

Get some stock size rims and tires to roll them around on.

Nice score! :thumbsup:

(*******) ;)

sweet find how much you score them for

I'll give you $2k for them if you can get them to CA.

Or $2,100 if you include the shopping cart.

Or $1500 and I'll buy you a decent digital camera.

LOLz

Hmmmm, I'd consider selling these for that kind of money.

ACTUALLY!!!! These are going under FROADER'S VAN!!!

I found them on the PHX craigslist and called him immediately lucky dood scored the set for $900 WITH THE 4.56s!!!

So now we're on wheel watch?

I'll give you $2k for them if you can get them to CA.

Or $2,100 if you include the shopping cart.

Or $1500 and I'll buy you a decent digital camera.

How many shopping karts you need? for a 100 bucks a piece, I'll start jack'n them from the homeless guys downtown:p:

I've always been fond of the ATX Mojave Teflons
m3981.jpg

ACTUALLY!!!! These are going under FROADER'S VAN!!!

Froader.. what took you so long to join the 4x4 van crowd? Early welcome.. now get those under there..

2437163079_45076f3a39.jpg

2437158727_8c5af77584.jpg

~Mark

Froader.. what took you so long to join the 4x4 van crowd?
Starting with a 2wd... :(

It will still be a while before it's 4wd. I need to get a t-case and mod the gas tank to make that fit. Then all the little things to bring it all together. :(

But it will look sick! :D

Starting with a 2wd... :(

It will still be a while before it's 4wd. I need to get a t-case and mod the gas tank to make that fit. Then all the little things to bring it all together. :(

But it will look sick! :D

What t-case you need? I know my dad is thinking of parting out his '80 F250. It has a NP20 ---something in it:scratch:

What t-case you need? I know my dad is thinking of parting out his '80 F250. It has a NP20 ---something in it:scratch:
I mentioned to FROADER that a divorced transfer case would be my choice since there's plenty of length for it. Then he doesnt have to worry about matching splines, matching transfer case patterns, and wont have to swap out the 2wd tailshaft housing for a 4wd one. All thats needed is some custom cross member for the transfer case mount, a shift linkage, and a plan to minimize driveshaft work (although it doesn't cost too much to have a driveshaft retubed). Depending on how far the transfer case is, he can probably get away with running a 1-piece front driveshaft (as opposed to have to mount a carrier and run a 2-piece). Of course this also opens a can of worms with gas tank clearance and whatever else is under there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back