What did you do this weekend? Participation required | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do this weekend? Participation required

Let me know if you come to Windrock, I live about a half hour from there. Its a really good place to go wheelin.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Let me know if you come to Windrock, I live about a half hour from there. Its a really good place to go wheelin.

Will do! I'm headed to Pigeon Forge this weekend, but sadly not for a wheelin trip. Hopefully it'll warm up soon and my friend can finish his build. I'd love to meet another member from here.

I will be in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area this weekend also, not in either $portTrac though. I will be in the wife's and wont say what it is so I don't get flamed. I did see a nice lifted one last year while there, I posted pictures of it in the lifted thread. One of the other guys that is trying to do a V8 swap lives there also.

Dang I'd love to see your swap. I'll be in my 350 instead. I like riding in comfort lol

Fairly Successful day on Friday. Four new bilsteins( Holy $#!+ what a difference) And a new ford finned aluminum diff cover. Good thing too, rear had a bunch of water in it.

Attachments

• GEDC0002.jpg
    GEDC0002.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 218
  • GEDC0003.jpg
    GEDC0003.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 225
  • GEDC0004.jpg
    GEDC0004.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 211

Did the Sonnax zip kit on Saturday. Made a difference. Shifts are quicker and more predictable. Pretty happy with the outcome.

Attachments

• GEDC1534.jpg
    GEDC1534.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 216
  • GEDC1535.jpg
    GEDC1535.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 208

Carshow yesterday

12795450_10153929138649197_5674261118209187068_n.jpg

Took the Trac out yesterday to the range and running errands for a few hours. Still shined up from the other weekend. Its definitely fun to see a driver in the car in front of me tell their passengers to look back at the truck. Happened a few times and the reaction little kids have when they see it is great.

Today I ended up washing 100acres of sheet metal but it was definitely worth it in the end. Loving the new 35s on the tow rig especially now that she's all clean. Also made the little lady happy and gave her WJ a much-needed wash.

A93D4CB2-39DA-49B1-B101-FA128331D5BB_zps1nxgs7cm.jpg

0B4E86BB-F1D0-4BCD-AE1F-F45AF5E3BA9B_zpsqebyfiym.jpg

What all came in the kit?

What happened?

Zip Kit®
Part No. 4R44E-5R55E-ZIP
Boost Valve & Sleeve Kit
Forward Modulator Valve, PTFE Seal, End Plug, Spring, & O-Ring Large O-Ring
Reverse Modulator End Plug & O-Rings 2 Medium O-Rings
2-3/3-4 Shift Valve End Plug & O-Rings 2 Small O-Rings
1-2/2-3 Shift Valve End Plug & O-Rings 2 Medium O-Rings
Converter Regulator Valve End Plug, Spring, & O-Rings 2 Large O-Rings
Kick Downshift, Manual Low & Throttle Downshift End Plugs (2) 1 Large, 1 Small
Kick Downshift, Manual Low & Throttle Downshift O-Rings (6) 2 Large, 4 Small
Extra End Plug O-Rings (6) 2 Large, 2 Medium, 2 Small
Checkballs (4) Plastic
EPC Limit Valve
Lube Orifice Plug
“L” Pins (2)
TCC Apply & OD Servo Apply Pressure Modification Drill Bits (4) .055” dia., .062” dia., .072” dia. & .110” dia.
Plug Aluminum, .062”
Shift Solenoid O-Rings (8) 4 Small, 4 Large

Should fix most problem related to a worn V.B.

Great info thanks! So it doesn't come with new solenoids?

No solenoids, but it does give you the information to test them with an Ohm meter. However, I suggest replacing the EPC solenoid (with new OEM). From what i have read, it is commonly found bad.

No solenoids, but it does give you the information to test them with an Ohm meter. However, I suggest replacing the EPC solenoid (with new OEM). From what i have read, it is commonly found bad.

Yup, I've seen the same thing. I replaced my TC solenoid, but I think my other ones could use an upgrade. Thanks for the info.

I located a used front bumper cover for my ST for cheap on CL (in the right color). It's not perfect, but it's in a heck of a lot better condition than mine, which is a mess below the painted part (deep scratches, gouges, holes and cracks). I pick it up tomorrow.

This is what it looks like now. I also need to break out the porta-power to straighten the tow hook brackets to the frame.

115_0035_zpsnrwtmya4.jpg

Got my 1.5" body lift on today!

Tomorrow I'll put the seats back in and the front bumper cover back on, and make some fan shroud relocation tabs.

Will post pictures asap...

I picked up and installed my new-used front bumper cover. Was easier than I thought to install. Handful of Phillips screws and a few bolts. I will need to get some new push-rivets to attach the chin spoiler piece, but I want to paint the lower part and other plastic trim with grey bumper paint first.

Put on New 265 70 15 General Grabber At2 tires on black steel rims from my old Police interceptor with Black dish center caps. LOOKS AWESOME

Your said 265/70/15...is that a misprint or isn't it 16" because I'm thinking of Grabbers At2 also

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back