What to do about SWITCHES? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What to do about SWITCHES?

Alright well my underbody neon kit came in the mail broken so i've got some more time before i get a new one. I have a few questions tho...The kit i got comes with a kinda little square box thing with the switch on it, and i dont know how the heck i would mount that thing? I want to get one of the switches that people usually have for NOS, with the little red cover thing over it u flip up? they have them on truckperformance.com Does anyone know a good place to mount this or any other switches for that matter? I need some Ideas!! thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Come on someone must have some info!?!?

where to put switches is really up to the person installing them :D
like i have some of my switches mounted down by my parking brake handle, tucked under the dash, pretty much all over the place... as for how to mount them, screw or double sided tape (3m super tape works good) if its the box type switch, as for the No2 type switch, your looking at drilling a hole or finding a bracket for it

exactly, you can use whatever switch you want, and mount it anywhere you want it :). I mounted my switches for my F-150 in my overhead console...
ohswitches3.jpg

For my explorer, I have them mounted all over the place :).

Where could i find a site that sells switches that are mounted with like double sided tape or something like that where i woudnt have to cut a hole?

hmm probably won't find any and I wouldn't recommend using them. I've used a few switches that stuck on with double-sided tape, after a week or less the switch would fall and after getting sick of putting it back in its spot every day or two, I'd finally superglue it... it would STILL fall down after a month or two. Drilling is the only way to go.

i went though the same problem

first off i had 4 switches if u know where your blinker lighs are on a 92 x below that i had 2 and on the other side below the other system status i had two more then those switches started smokin i had radar on one Interior neons on the other then on left had grille neon and on the last i had 2 fogs hooked MY dumb ass.....so then i tryed to find another place where they would look stock by where ur left knee sits below wiper control and rear defrost it rounds off and stops put 2 there loook very stock and then i had a squre switch now sittin under for my underbodys looks nice need to work on my wiring it is Everywhere

NOTE TO MYSELF

yeah, I may have said that they have stick on switches, but I forgot to mention that they dont stay stuck very long :(
As for having switches everywhere.... I know that feeling also

This is my switch panel above my rear view mirror (note that I have a police style light bar on my roof for Search and Rescue work that I do)
Dead Link Removed

Thanks a lot of f***ing switchs. I have all mine hidden just behind the lower edge of the dash.

Back