Lets see your switches! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lets see your switches!

im not to sure where to mount my light switches so i wanted to see where you guys mounted yours. sooo lets see some pics!
thats in my 2wd.... i would put it in the same spot but theres a 4wd selector in its place... i know the mounting kit for the cd player is upside down... thats how i got it and i never fixed it...

so gimme some ideas with pics! please haha

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

drakeguy22 Thats FREAKIN awesome!!!! i will deff be doing it like that asap!!!!

It is conveniant and fun to use. You just have to keep in mind whats what - like anything else. My passengers are like'"holy crap! I didnt see those, what do they do?!" lol fun fun

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Awesome thread! Why did people stop putting into this? Heres my switches in my 97 Explorer XLT

0907101323.jpg

i like that. looks clean and factory. not all hacked up like some of the other stuff posted in this thread.

I,m thinking I like the overhead in the garage door opener spot too. I will probably fill in the factory slot in that panael with some epoxy first though. I was considering re-making the door/cover, but that's allot of work when it can look that good without having to go that far.

Good work man!

I,m thinking I like the overhead in the garage door opener spot too. I will probably fill in the factory slot in that panael with some epoxy first though. I was considering re-making the door/cover, but that's allot of work when it can look that good without having to go that far.

Good work man!

I wanted to fill that hole too but I figured forget it. No body really notices it it seems like

I use mine for sunglasses...:(

closed (1).jpg
switches (2).jpg
switches (1).jpg

I am making another back plate to try again to make all the switches line up straight. Its all part of my roof rack lighting project im struggling with. If anyone needs any additional pictures or questions just let me know.

Cool idea! I like that

Agreed, a true winner there. i will be doing mine in a simmilar manner.

If you choose not to make a plate to black out the back of the overhead console. (Under the switches) there is a moulding line that you can follow for your switches To try and keep it all straight.
The back plate i am using is a two tone plastic made for engraving, i planned on engraving the purposes of the switches but because i used the aircraft style switches i had to push them up so the lid would shut all the way. If you use any other style switch you would be able to engrave the plate. It sucks because it would have given that "aircraft" look.

Thanks again, the three middle switches will control the 6 lighted on the roof rack, and the two on the sides will be fog lights and auxiliary lights (on the grill guard)

That is pretty cool Mustang, nice and discreet. what are your switches connected to?

Thanks, Left is to override the fog light shutoff when the high beams are on, and the right will soon control a 40" LED light bar on the roof.

Just added this for some headlight accents I will be adding. It has a blue "on" indicator led on it.

Picture0108132338_1.jpg

I really like switches... I probably have about 35 switches in the truck that are aftermarket.. 12 are mounted here! i modified a aftermarket console with a piece of billet aluminum and went to town with my engraving machine...
DSC02809.jpg

under the steering wheel on the flat plastic piece. there are 4 more switches. (push to start, master console panel switch, front winch on, rear winch on)
on the gauge pod i made there are 2 little switches, (electric fan, water-oil temp switch)

i also have each amp in the back switched so i can turn on and off the Sub amp, and i can turn on and off the wakeboard tower speakers on the cage in the rear(field party speakers)

other than that, i have random switches in diffrent spots for diffrent things.. theres about 6 in the toolbox for diffrent stuff..(air sytsem, inverter, bed lights, toolbox lights, on board welder on/off, ect...)

I really like being able to turn on and off everything!!!!

I really like switches... I probably have about 35 switches in the truck that are aftermarket.. 12 are mounted here! i modified a aftermarket console with a piece of billet aluminum and went to town with my engraving machine...
DSC02809.jpg

under the steering wheel on the flat plastic piece. there are 4 more switches. (push to start, master console panel switch, front winch on, rear winch on)
on the gauge pod i made there are 2 little switches, (electric fan, water-oil temp switch)

i also have each amp in the back switched so i can turn on and off the Sub amp, and i can turn on and off the wakeboard tower speakers on the cage in the rear(field party speakers)

other than that, i have random switches in diffrent spots for diffrent things.. theres about 6 in the toolbox for diffrent stuff..(air sytsem, inverter, bed lights, toolbox lights, on board welder on/off, ect...)

I really like being able to turn on and off everything!!!!

:thumbsup:

Back