wheel backspacing pics | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

wheel backspacing pics

I am recently looking to purchase wheels for my 91 sport. I have searched many times, but I would like to see a picture of someones rig with two different sizes of backspacing, I am looking for someone with 31's and 15x8 rims, one person who has 3 3/4 backspacing and hopefully someone else who has 3 1/4 backspacing, I am trying to see how far the 31's will stick out with the 3.25, vs. the 3.75...thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Probably a half of an inch. Sorry I have no pics.

Here's mine with 31's, 15x8's with 3.75" BS. A half inch more backspacing is not gonna make a big difference in looks; if anything it will look worse because of how far it sticks out with such small tires. Also, you risk rubbing sheetmetal a lot more with 3.25 BS.

Attachments

• ex5.JPG
    ex5.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 343

cool, thanks guys, I wont risk damaging anything for a half inch,, I didnt realize the risk, but just out of curiosity, does anyone have a pic with 3.25??

I just ordered a set of rims they are 15x8 with 3.25 BS I called a few places and they all said that you will be ok with the 3.25 BS. I'm putting 32 inch tires on. When i get them on i will post pics.

Here are my old Eagle Alloys 589's with 3.25" backspacing. They looked alright to me.

464729_51_full.jpg

-Drew

:thumbsup:

Back