Wheels For UK Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wheels For UK Explorer

Can any member of this groups suggest a location from where a UK Explorer owner can buy a set of alloy wheels?

A work colleague who also owns an Explorer would love to buy some new alloys aswell.

I recently browsed the Explorer Accessories section on E-Bay where I saw a brand new set I would have liked to buy.

I 'signed up' on E-Bay in order to contact the dealer in America to ask if they could give me some idea of the shipping charges to the UK.

I was very surprised to receive the reply, " We do not ship to the UK" :(

Good job Ford didn't have the same enthusiasm.

Cheers Mick

mick,
Sounds like they just don't want to deal with the (possible) hassle of Customs. Perhaps you could contact a local customs agent or importer/exporter who could help you bring the wheels into your country. One of my neighbors is an importer/exporter. If you can't find local help, let me know. I might be able to have the wheels shipped to me and then exported, to you, thru my neighbor. Obviously, this wouldn't be for free and I'll see if I can get an idea of what this might cost. I live very close to O'Hare airport, outside of Chicago, so access to air freight companies is not an issue.

Good Luck - Dave.

Back