Where to buy transmission solenoid pack for 2002-2005 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where to buy transmission solenoid pack for 2002-2005 explorer

Prater

Reaction score
City, State
Columbia, Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 ford explorer xlt
Hello forum members,

I recently purchased a 2005 Ford Explorer XLT. I do know that I need to replace the transmission solenoid pack. I have seen prices from $200 up to $600 of course the latter is from the dealer. Does anybody have any credible sources where I can get a new or rebuilt solenoid pack from? Thank you in advance for all of yoursuggestions and help.

Albert

I'm not sure where to buy one, but whatever you do buy an OEM brand new only. I had my transmission rebuilt and wanted to save money by putting a rebuilt one in and had problems, OD light started blinking, etc., about a year after installation, so then I tried another rebuilt one, same thing, but happened pretty quick. Now I have an OEM one in and no problem. Save time and effort and do it right initially.

Check WWW.TransmissionPartsUSA.Com, WWW.BulkPart.Com, WWW.Transtar1.Com, WWW.Wittrans.Com, and WWW.EBay.Com. The cheapest place is WWW.800700Trans.Com, but they don't have a good reputation (check their complaint list on this site, and the BBB). A lot of people have been complaining over the years that they got used & defective solenoid blocks from them when they were supposed to get new or rebuilt solenoid blocks. One time somebody from their site signed up on our site, then tried posting spam. They are not a vendor so their account was immediately deleted. This is not the way a reputable business should conduct themselves.

Buy it from a dealer like www.tascaparts.com for ~$300. Anything else is going to be a gamble. The latest part number is 9L2Z-7G391-A.

Back