Where to get MSRP for my 17 year old EX? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where to get MSRP for my 17 year old EX?

EskimoEddie

Reaction score
City, State
SW Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Eddie Bauer EX
I need to pay excise taxes where I am living and need an accurate source for an MSRP for my 194K+ 17 year old EX. I just don't want to be hosed by the tax collector. Would a Ford dealer have that? Or an on line source, like KBB, NADA, etc? Thanks! :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

kbb.com should give you an accurate price and you can put in all options and accessories you have added or not. Good luck with the tax man.

X2 on Kelly Blue Book

Edmunds.com also has a used car valuation tool.

I need to pay excise taxes where I am living and need an accurate source for an MSRP for my 194K+ 17 year old EX. I just don't want to be hosed by the tax collector. Would a Ford dealer have that? Or an on line source, like KBB, NADA, etc? Thanks! :thumbsup:

The way Oklahoma works (I realize you're in Connecticut) is they go by what you paid for it. Unless you tell them a dollar, then they go by book value.

The other states I've registered in NY, KY, TN, NC went by book value and seeing as a 93 explorer isn't worth much more than $1500, I'd say the taxes should be pretty decent. I'm not for sure how much your state charges for used vehicle taxes, but where I'm from (Okla) is 3.25% for used vehicles. I know my 92 model in excellent condition was worth $1325, or something like that.

Solved! Thanks for all the replies

The way Oklahoma works (I realize you're in Connecticut) is they go by what you paid for it. Unless you tell them a dollar, then they go by book value.

The other states I've registered in NY, KY, TN, NC went by book value and seeing as a 93 explorer isn't worth much more than $1500, I'd say the taxes should be pretty decent. I'm not for sure how much your state charges for used vehicle taxes, but where I'm from (Okla) is 3.25% for used vehicles. I know my 92 model in excellent condition was worth $1325, or something like that.

Thanks for the info, I've moved to maine and they calculate off of the MSRP, I was happy to find out that I was charged the bare minimum today for excise tax, about $80 for the year. AND I didn't have to apply for a Maine title, 1995 and newer cars need to get titled. If I still have the EX in 8 years, it will be considered an antique and I can get :bsnicker: antique plates!!!

Greg

Back