• Register Today It's free!

Who can "chirp" their wheels?

coach_al

Reaction score
City, State
Coconut Creek Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT V8
With all due respect to Aldive, I have a new quest. I have tried and failed in a "Quest for 20". I could not get 30 if I was driving downhill in neutral with a tail wind. My new Quest----Chirp my wheels. Who has been able to do this and what Mods do you have? Al, if you can get 30 AND chirp your wheels, I bow to the King..

So far I have not been able to "Chirp" em. Mods to date:

1) Flowmaster 40
2) SCT Tuner (Bama Chips)
3) K&N Filter-- Removed Air Box baffler and added extra Holes in Air box
4) 275/20 Wheels (Not condusive to performance)
5) New wires and Plugs
6) Ground force 1.6" Lowered

100,000 Miles 2002 XLT V8...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Depends were your trying (the road condition :D) for one id say, ive chirped the tires many a times, heck in my video i even chirp them. They are about 11" wide too.

Mine are 11 inch wide, I can smoke um with a brake stand and chirp them going into second, no problem, with my puny V6:)

In Drive i can chirp them with a no-mod 4.0 OHV
I do have bald tires on though they have been called racing slick before

you have a damn 8 how are they not chirping....

Wish I knew...

Midlife Crisis....

You can't chirp with a V8? I can get Control Trac to do 3 wheels with my parents if its mildly moist. Chirp with AWD on my 302. 4 wheel drifts in the wet.

all i can say is

:D:D happy happy joy joy :D:D

LOL, well I can light em up too. Dry or wet pavement, you pick.

2001ExpSport said:
LOL, well I can light em up too. Dry or wet pavement, you pick.
But can you do it with 11 inches of soft perf tire on the ground?

Heres me tire, i thought i got a good deal at $25 per tire installed.

truckpic044.jpg

I can chirp 2nd with AWD on 11.5" wide tires. I tried holding it in first, running it to about 4grand, letting off the gas and then hammering the throttle--I slung my spare tire off of my safari rack:)

Seems like you can all chirp em.. Is this from an automatic, standing still without doing the brake deal, or the rev it up in Neutral and slam it into gear? I am talking about a slam the gas and let em chirp, just raw power.

automatic in drive, hitting the gas (no brake), i cant say its power.. but something makes them chirp lol :D

coach_al said:
Seems like you can all chirp em.. Is this from an automatic, standing still without doing the brake deal, or the rev it up in Neutral and slam it into gear? I am talking about a slam the gas and let em chirp, just raw power.
Only an idiot would do a neutral tranny drop with our made by mattel trannys.
The only way to come off the line is with a brake stand

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lol Mattel Trannys, nice one spindle :D I was thinking Fisher Price, but ya know, same crap, different pile.

Back