Who can "chirp" their wheels? | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who can "chirp" their wheels?

awdrocks said:
Back to the real subject... ill let you know if I chirp next week after I break my new motor in.... I think im going to hear snap before a chirp..hehe

I think that sound is more accurately described as......CLUNK!.........ding.....ding...ding.dingding.....clunk...clunk..clunk.clunkclunkclunkclunkclunkclunk... ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

rocket 5979 said:
I think that sound is more accurately described as......CLUNK!.........ding.....ding...ding.dingding.....clunk...clunk..clunk.clunkclunkclunkclunkclunkclunk... ;)

oh mama...

"me" (shacking) Hooooney........

the car will be out of commission for another 3 months.. :eek: :shoot: (wife)

awdrocks said:
oh mama...

"me" (shacking) Hooooney........

the car will be out of commission for another 3 months.. :eek: :shoot: (wife)

"But HONEEEEEYYY! I need 500 horsepower to pass cars on the innnnnnnterstaaaaate!. You get to have your room full of purses and I get to have my engine bay full of horses!..." ;)

rocket 5979 said:
"But HONEEEEEYYY! I need 500 horsepower to pass cars on the innnnnnnterstaaaaate!. You get to have your room full of purses and I get to have my engine bay full of horses!..." ;)

:thumbsup: ;)

6200 feet

With all due respect to Aldive, I have a new quest. I have tried and failed in a "Quest for 20". I could not get 30 if I was driving downhill in neutral with a tail wind. My new Quest----Chirp my wheels. Who has been able to do this and what Mods do you have? Al, if you can get 30 AND chirp your wheels, I bow to the King..

So far I have not been able to "Chirp" em. Mods to date:

1) Flowmaster 40
2) SCT Tuner (Bama Chips)
3) K&N Filter-- Removed Air Box baffler and added extra Holes in Air box
4) 275/20 Wheels (Not condusive to performance)
5) New wires and Plugs
6) Ground force 1.6" Lowered

100,000 Miles 2002 XLT V8...

I am in Colorado at 6200 feet, I figure unless I drop a S/C on my 02 V8 it ain't chirping jack..

l8

I used to be able to chirp my tires... when i put a plate between the egr valve and intake cause its broken. But since the 31" tires i cant, and shortly before, something isnt working right.

I noticed that 4 wheel chirp there

I have chirpped all 4 tires getting out into traffic from brake to gas in dry 115 degree weather. Its bone stock k&n oil an air filters and mobil 1 syn oil. And mine is 02 4.6 with the auto 4X4 3.73 limited slips. Just for kicks, the gen 3 auto 4x4 can apply as much as 100% of the power to the front wheels.

I just added a button to disengage 4x4 Auto on my 02' and I can now smoke all 4 tires for about 20ft.

EDIT:
On my 295-40-20's on all four corners.

I am in Colorado at 6200 feet, I figure unless I drop a S/C on my 02 V8 it ain't chirping jack..

l8

I have a fully built motor with SC and pushing about 430 to the wheels and in AUTO 4X4 with the power brake at about 2,000 rpms I can BARELY chirp the tires.

Sweet!!!!!!

I can't chirp them in the dry. I can, in the wet...

My 96 V6 4900lbs beast isn't much for performance...

Chirp

Mine chirped all the way home tonight, but I was on the way home from the pet store.

Got mine to start spinning on dry pavement... theres a little trick.. but i cant quite explain it.

Chirp

Ok, all kidding aside, here what mine will do. You can see my mods below. With advance track on: From a dead stop and straight ahead, stomp the gas down all the way and no chirp. With advance track off: From a dead stop and straight ahead, chirp. With advance track off: Powerbraking from a dead stop and straight ahead, will roast tires right of the rims. All three were done this morning with 87 octane and running sct flash program for performance with 87 octaine which is the mildest tune I have.

Ok, all kidding aside, here what mine will do. You can see my mods below. With advance track on: From a dead stop and straight ahead, stomp the gas down all the way and no chirp. With advance track off: From a dead stop and straight ahead, chirp. With advance track off: Powerbraking from a dead stop and straight ahead, will roast tires right of the rims. All three were done this morning with 87 octane and running sct flash program for performance with 87 octaine which is the mildest tune I have.

Do some more mods and it will not take a powerbrake to roast your tires off from a stop. :thumbsup:

A while back when I had just CAI, tune and exhaust I could roast the hell out of my tires from a stop or very slow roll. Now I can VERY likely roast them from a 40 mph roll. :D

OMG Rocket, insaine mods. I am happy with it for now. We will see about mods in the future. Your truck sounds very menacing. I will post some pics when I get a chance. Still a newbie with explorers but like it much more than the ranger that I had, and I really liked the ranger.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my 98 used to burn the tires, even if you were rolling at 5 or 10, and i couldn't even think about accelerating going up into a parking garage. but it was two wheel drive. my 03 has the same motor and trans, v6, and 5spd auto, but wont even break free in the dirt. i want to figure out how to disengage the torque management. i hate being so slow off the line. or BWM? would that help off the line?

Back