Window regulator replacement | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Window regulator replacement

Oops! Sorry about that. They were located on another site that was changed. They should be back now. Hope this helps!

The most remarkable thing here is that a member with a total of 24 posts and who was apparently MIA for the last 10 years is still lurking to repost the photos.

I was looking at this thread just the other day thinking "well these guys are out of luck" and hoping that my regulator never broke since there were no pics.

Thanks Dr Z that is awesome.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ha ha! I've stayed around...just didn't have a lot to say. Didn't want to hog the limelight. :)

Ha ha! I've stayed around...just didn't have a lot to say. Didn't want to hog the limelight. :)
No harm in hanging around just to shoot the sh*t!

I check in about once a week to throw in my 2 cents. Do you still have that explorer? Or any explorer?

No harm in hanging around just to shoot the sh*t!

I check in about once a week to throw in my 2 cents. Do you still have that explorer? Or any explorer?
Oh yeah... still have it. Still runs great. About 250k miles now...

Oh yeah... still have it. Still runs great. About 250k miles now...
Ok what have you had to repair. We bought an 05 about a year ago and had to do the transmission, alternator, egr valve, front pinion seal, a/c compressor and some front suspension work along with brakes & rotors. Runs good but I worry about the timing chains. Has about 120k on it and hoping to get a lot more.

Ok what have you had to repair. We bought an 05 about a year ago and had to do the transmission, alternator, egr valve, front pinion seal, a/c compressor and some front suspension work along with brakes & rotors. Runs good but I worry about the timing chains. Has about 120k on it and hoping to get a lot more.
Hmmm... Biggest repair was transmission rebuild at about 1 mile out of warranty. The guy at the shop showed me how the bearing seats in the original transmission were too soft. They were replaced with hardened seats and I've had no problems since. A wire to the #4 fuel injector was faulty and needed to be replaced. Replaced a couple of vacuum hoses too. Other than regular maintenance stuff (brakes, rotors, tires, etc.) my biggest irritant right now is the panel just below the back window. Every 2002 has a crack in it. I bought a new panel, but it is hard to keep glued on and the corners on it keep lifting. This summer I'll have to find a better way to re-attach it.
That's about it for repairs.

Thank you for your recent comments which moved this thread to the top of the Explorer Forum email I just received! I've been dreading digging into the driver's door of my '04 Lincoln Aviator and I'm pretty sure it's close to identical. I'll save the thread and give it a shot next week.

Back