How to: - Speaker enclosure fabrication - WorkLog - 2 challenges 3 & 7. Just for Fun, Nothing Fancy!! | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: Speaker enclosure fabrication - WorkLog - 2 challenges 3 & 7. Just for Fun, Nothing Fancy!!

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
Have you seen Audiobahn's new DUB lineup? They have speaker grilles that look exactly like chrome rims. They have 6 points, and I know the Cobra's only have 5, but they might work for ya! You might even be able to throw some snakes in the middle or something? Just an idea.

WooferFace.jpg
63010.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lol.

looking very very fly. well worth the wait

omg did u get this sh#t lol

bbq it looks great cant wait to hear that u were able to drive the damn thing home lol

Thanks Shadow, but that is just not me. I have seen some in the past that I really liked, but now can't remember where. I will keep the search going. When she get's home she is long overdue for a good bath and wax job,so will probably use a clay bar on it. Some good before and after pics will be in line. That amp rack looks like something that is gonna want some wax also. We definately will hit the meter on it to see what she will peg out. My guess is well into the 140's. Any bets?

honestly i can understand why you would want to protect those awsome subs, however, i dont see much cargo space left back there for anything to fly around and damage them. also the angle they are at would help protect them i would think. Maybe just get a regular screen type grille thats removable for shows? just some thoughts

I just thought about something that was a little flashy to break the black look around it and bring out the subs. I don't like Boston's standard grill cover, dull and boring.

Nope, that's not it either. I think the ones I saw that I liked looked more like flames or something of that nature. More of a design than a mag theme. Do they make things like that in a shiney Stainless Steel? What I would love to do is get some that match the subs, and the door speakers up. I can't wait to hear those Boxton Z6's. At a 1K a pair, running 2 pair they better rock behind those 2 Alpine 540's.

LOL, that's the type. For awhile though I may just use the stock ones for awhile and see how it goes. Then if needed, make the change down the road. But I like that. Does it come in different sizes?

Do grilles like that go over the top of the sub and use their own screws, or do they have to screw into the top of the woofer surround using the same screws as the actual sub.

only one ive ever done was an audiobahn and it used the same screws as the sub.

BBQ,
I have followed this thread since inception, but have been quietly lurking. Until now. I must say that you are the most patient man I think I have ever heard of! And it has certainly paid off. You have one of the nicest, most tasteful installs I have seen in a long while. You have put a lot of thought and effort into the design and now have the system to reap the benefits. At no point did you get ****y about your install and were always willing to answer thread questions, no matter how repetitive they may have been. Congrats man, in MY OPINION, you now have the nicest setup on the board.

I don't know what to say, but WOW!!! Thanks guys, I guess my patience comes from years of understanding that some things just can't happen over night. I am one of those types of guys that believe things happen for a reason. I am under the impression that not only am I getting more than what I am paying for, but getting it done nicer than my original installer had planned. There is a reason why the original installer left/fired, then I didn't like the second one, nor the third, so then the next one comes alone, Lee, and he is sort of an older person than the other installers. So after a long discussion with him on what I wanted and looked for, this is what we are coming up with. There is no doubt in my mind that he is doing his absolute best to satisfy me. Of couse me slipping him a few bucks under table money here and there hasn't hurt anything either. LOL. I had just got off the phone with him also, and we both decided to hold off on installing any DVD applications. I have the player and the trim ring, but not the monitor yet. We will come back at a later date and finish that part of the project.

I don;t know if some noticed or not, but the fuse holder in the middle of the amp rack is actually a dummy. The real one is next to the battery in the right rear cargo area as per the specs of an install in competition. That is what I was told by Lee so he must know. I asked why we didn't just put the other cap there and it was a good question, but it is installed like that for the looks. To kind of break up the pairs that seem to be running on the rack. Just a tid bit that I thought I would share.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LOL, yes I am, but that can't be discussed here. ;-)

Back