Reaction score
City, State
Texarkana AR/TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 SAS sport
-motor is 262 cubic inch Bowtie motor, from ASA racing origins
-oddfire crank
-Brodix aluminum heads
-single plane carb style intake converted for EFI, with PTE cast carb base to TB adapter
-large air-water IC, icewater is used for the runs, tank is in the bed
-mild hydraulic roller camshaft

-FAST computer for oddfire

Motor spins to ~7000rpm

-Kenne Bell headers
-Garrett 72 series turbo running 22 psi of boost

-the axels, transfer case, front shaft, rear end all stock, the tranny is a 400, aluminum rear shaft with only support pieces attached to the rear end to keep it from flexing too much
-17" drag radials all around (275 front, 315 rear)
-PEP front coil over suspension
-stock type leaf spring rear suspension with mods

1/4 mi - 9.89 sec @ 137 MPH
1/8 mi - 6.35 sec @ 112 MPH
1.54 sec 60'
22 PSI

here is the video :eek:
http://www.sy-ty.com/videos/Jesse/hoover_9sec.mpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am a FoMoCo guy 99% I would say 100% but I love the Syclone's and Typhon's. They are basicly the only non FoMoCo I would buy and drive! That is awesome!

Yup that's damn fast. The other guy even red lighted and the Bow tie blew it away. Wow

damn thats movin! he made the camaro look like a Honda. Gotta love that AWD launch!

i would like to a a syclone/typhon or a grand national. i just got a grand national model to build at work since they wont let us surf the internet while on the clock anymore. i'll just have to dream.

Cyclone is AWD?

Originally posted by 410Fortune
Cyclone is AWD?

Most certainly!

Originally posted by Black Magic
I am a FoMoCo guy 99% I would say 100% but I love the Syclone's and Typhon's. They are basicly the only non FoMoCo I would buy and drive! That is awesome!

Agreed. Which is why when it comes time to get rid of the unlimited after out of college and getting a job it's in my catagory of vehicles to look at. My three general topics are the vehicle must have a V-8 or forced induction, 4x4 and new w/ warrenty or exotic. Hopefully I can get picked up by a dept after graduating and I can get a new vehicle, that'll get me around quicker and safer, as the limited isn't the quickest or sportiest!

Cyclone is AWD?
yep, sure are. the Cyclone was an AWD S10 that had a turbo 4.3 liter V6. ran a mid 13 1/4 mile stock. the Typhoon was the S10 blazer counterpart, and ran low 14's stock. in its day, the Cyclone had one of the fastest 0-60 times of any production vehicle.

I knew all that, I think I just forgot. I thought they were 2wd, but I do remember them saying it could out corner a testerossa (shouldnt be too hard to do) back in the 80's when they came out so I knew they were AWD back then...

Thanks for the info....I want I want, would love to drop the stock turbo setup on my Mercruiser 4.3L.... :) but I think nitrous will be easier.......

I want I want, would love to drop the stock turbo setup on my Mercruiser 4.3L.... :) but I think nitrous will be easier.......

No reason ya can't have both ;)

boost loves nitrous, and vise-versa. ;) CompCams has a nice little blower/nitrous cam for the 4.3 that would be killer for yanking someone's @ss up out of the water. and while you're at it, get some Vortech heads and have them ported. :D

Here are a couple hot pics for those that need them. I know I do...

truckin2.jpg

bowers_davis.jpg

And the only other GM I like...

The Typhoon...

tyhist.jpg

091099d.jpg

Back