• Register Today It's free!

Wristed Arms

Jeffe 11

Reaction score
City, State
Newbury Park, california
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 XLT Advance trac
So i have seen pictures of what wristed arms are capable of and im thinking about installing them to my ex. i dont know much about them and im hoping someone can lend a helping hand to me. right now i have a stock 3rd gen. ex. no suspension lift or anything. is it possible for me to install wristed arms? and if so, what are the negatives about adding the wristed arms

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If its on your 05' its not possible with the stock IFS You have a different type of suspension that doesn't use those arms. You have A arms instead Yours = Better road ride/ worse off road. Same thing on the front of my 2nd Gen 98'

If its on your 05' its not possible with the stock IFS You have a different type of suspension that doesn't use those arms. You have A arms instead Yours = Better road ride/ worse off road. Same thing on the front of my 2nd Gen 98'

and i change this how?

Like Turbo said, your Explorer has IFS (Independent Front Suspension) which means you have a totally different suspension setup than what you're looking to get. Wristed Arms is from "wristing" Radius Arms (RA's) which are part of a Solid or Straight axle suspension setup. You'll need get solid axles to do this!

Can be done for sure, I have seen a wicked full front and rear solid axle third gen before. But what it means for you is some $$$$$$$. It would be pretty dang expensive if you were to do so also known on here as SAS'ing a truck. Solid axle swap. You would have a wicked unique truck if you want to spend the green and time. But as for your set up now there really isn't much you can do with that suspension, you can do a small body lift though. The explorer as Ford designed around is good ride with great things for, a more or less soccer mom. With all the AWD set ups and everything they are user friendly to those not goo roo about cars. Weren't designed from the factory will all the lockers and dis connects of the Rubicon and things. But for tons of people on here that doesn't matter we love the trucks and you will find anything you want on here on what you can and the best way to do things with these trucks. :) :) Anyways what I mean is stick around on the forum and see what you find, :)

Back