Yellowfords "Billie Goat" registry | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Yellowfords "Billie Goat" registry

Finally making a registry for this Explorer hopefully the last new one I will make for a long time as the other two were sold. I'm calling her Billie since she's low and fat but likes to climb hills like crazy.

2000 Eddie Bauer
5.0 V8
265/70/16 Treadwright Guard Dog's
Oreilly Shackles
TT
1" body lift
4406 transfer case(currently without shift linkage)

Future Plans: (These change daily)
4.10 gears
33X10.50 BFG KM2's when the treadwrights wear out in a few years
tube bumpers
sliders
lockers front and rear

Who knows when these things will actually get done it sucks being a broke college student.

Picture time
stock as I saw it in the for sale ad on craigslist
black1.jpg

black2.jpg

black3.jpg

black4.jpg

When I bought it I knew there was something wrong with the front axle, so after tracking one down for $100 swapped it in and this is what was inside the old axle.
SANY0419-1.jpg

SANY0420-1.jpg
A completely trashed pinion

more pictures
Image001.jpg

Image000.jpg

Image017-1.jpg

Image016.jpg

Image015.jpg

SANY0431.jpg

SANY0432.jpg

The frost bite Explorerforum attendee's
SANY0434.jpg

And the mess she made at the car wash
Image001-1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks much better with the bumper. Notice any less road noise or more with the herc on instead of having the carpet and insulation?

The herc is definitely better than having no carpet but it is still quite a bit warmer and a little bit noisier, or it may be a lot louder just don't really know with the MTs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The herc is definitely better than having no carpet but it is still quite a bit warmer and a little bit noisier, or it may be a lot louder just don't really know with the MTs.

Just curious, because I like the idea of easy floor clean up. That sucks to have to sell it after putting so much into it.

Well its officially for sale:(, but what I'm planning on doing is getting something fuel efficient now to drive back and forth to school/work, then when tax time comes around buy a late 80's early 90's ranger to wheel.

It has been sold, hopefully going to go look at cars tomorrow to find something, within a few months there should be a 2nd gen ranger taking the billie goats spot for wheeling.

Wow that was quick.

Local guy, or someone we know?

It was a local guy, but he was a Ford guy so that makes it a little better.

The worst part about it all is the mini van I have to drive tomorrow.

Back