The Beginning of the End run (2012 hangover cure) | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Beginning of the End run (2012 hangover cure)

My vote goes for the same spot as last year, back up 74/75 and make a second attempt for the top

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like fun. Where?

We'll make the final decision around Christmas time. Somewhere around Mt Rainier.

Lonesome Lake would be a good one. I saw some pictures from this fall and it looked like they were building a covered shelter and there's a pit toilet there (not sure if it will be open)

IF we can get there, it would be a great place for a BBQ.

Might try to bring my B2 out, will see how it works this weekend at Evans:thumbsup:

Well since its the end of the world I wanna go wheeling too! Any idea where we are going for sure?

Going to "Greenwater" tomorrow to get a tree. I am up for anything just let me know the plan. The explorer is ready to Go!

Got a few things to fix/ modify, then I will be ready for the 1st:thumbsup:

The covered area at Lonesome lake is not finished yet

6494506745_354369ca2e_z.jpg

There's a right turn 1 mile before Lonesome that leads to this killer Rainier view point on a nice day also

6494509011_2ab80df214_z.jpg

Shelter fail!

Where did the snow go??? We better get some soon!

it sounds like it would be a good time but i dont have rear tow points on my truck right now i have to re install my tow hitch and get a tow point and mount my spare tire on a rim and get my high lift before i can go

Well, we're getting quite a crowd, we'll have to make sure we have several BBQ's.

Mac, don't worry too much about the high lift, they don't work so well in the snow but tow points are a must.

We tried to get up there yesterday but the temperature's were quite warm. Some spots were over 50* and the snow was wet/heavy in some spots and dry/powdery in others.

I made it about 1/4 mile from last years spot but Ricky couldn't quite make it past the lake turn.

We'll see what the weather does in the next 2 weeks.

put a maybe next to my name i have to see if i can get my tow hitch back on and get a tow point by then i have to see how bad christmas isgoing to hurt my pocket book

This will also be the last time the B2 will be on the trail.

I bet it was still better then work...:thumbsup:

Oh, it was fun and great weather. Phil got around well while me n Dwight had to yank each other around ........ a lot. Got a lot of good shoveling in too

I have no idea whether I will make it or not now. Super busy with the holidays. I got the d44 back, need to reset up the gears and finish the johnny joints for the radius arms. Should be possible..... Oh and pretty well nailed down the details of picking up a 5.0 explorer after the 1st of the year. Runs and drives $500. Great success:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Unfortunately I am thinking of not making this run due to the lack of money after Xmas, the lack of snow in the mountains, wrestling tournament on the 31st for Logan, doors still aren't on the explorer, and way too many things to do on the house that I have been procrastinating.

Back