How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 39 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
2 Questions:
Is there a way to activate the reverse mirror tilt upon shifting into Reverse? Seems weird to have to push the mirror button to make it tilt down. Surprised this feature is so difficult in a new car.

Also, I was finally able to get the Global Close working, but noticed that for both global open and close I have to hit the unlock/lock button twice to activate the windows. I guess it wouldn't be that annoying other than when closing the car honks loudly on the second lock push. Would prefer either no honk or the windows activating on a single press and hold. Is this a setting somewhere?

https://www.icloud.com/numbers/0AtiYU-yJ4Nrfyfuzp-Mi0l8A#FORScan_2011-2018_Explorers
See first tab "Common Settings"

"Reverse Tilt Mirror"
"Keyfob Car Finder Setting" to turn off the honk when double pressing lock button

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just got my FORScan license and ELMconfig. Very cool - was able to enable nav while moving. Thanks to everyone for the wealth of information here. I have one (perhaps strange) question - does anyone know if it's possible to disable the sub woofer? I see a few settings in the ACM with respect to EQ and sound output but nothing specific to just disabling the sub woofer. For reference I'm currently running version 2.0.

My backup plan is to pull the rear trim panel and disable it but I'd prefer not to do that if I don't have to. Any ideas appreciated - thanks,

Just got my FORScan license and ELMconfig. Very cool - was able to enable nav while moving. Thanks to everyone for the wealth of information here. I have one (perhaps strange) question - does anyone know if it's possible to disable the sub woofer? I see a few settings in the ACM with respect to EQ and sound output but nothing specific to just disabling the sub woofer. For reference I'm currently running version 2.0.

My backup plan is to pull the rear trim panel and disable it but I'd prefer not to do that if I don't have to. Any ideas appreciated - thanks,
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Very unusual question. I don't recall that ever coming up before. Most are looking to install or upgrade one.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Very unusual question. I don't recall that ever coming up before. Most are looking to install or upgrade one.

Peter

True enough - for some reason I am not a fan of the thumping bass. The Sony Premium system sound great with one exception - with the EQ set to flat they have cranked up the low end. Not sure why they didn't tune it flat and let the user choose how much bass they want. So what I'd really like is a way to tune each frequency band and reduce the thump. Don't see any way to do that via FORScan, so my only alternative is to disable it (or disconnect it).

I share your thoughts about the "thumping bass" but can't say I notice it at all in my Platinum, but then I don't have the volume set very high. In the Summer months there are times I can hear some vehicles from within my home long before seeing them go by.

Peter

What is the benefit of turning it off?

Peter
Guys from Russia claim they experimented on it and average l/100km improves significantly by up to 2l...
Moreover, why would one need it ON permanently if many do not even know how to attach trailer to Explorer...

Guys from Russia claim they experimented on it and average l/100km improves significantly by up to 2l...
Moreover, why would one need it ON permanently if many do not even know how to attach trailer to Explorer...
I would be very skeptical of that claim especially since all manufacturers are trying every thing they can to squeeze every MPG or L/100 kms out of their engines to meet or exceed set standards. I believe that the trailer sway control only is active when it senses trailer sway and then it applies braking as necessary. Other than that I believe the trailer sway control is functionally inactive.
If you read page 278 of your Manual you will see that it only is active above 64 kmph (40 mph) when needed. Also when it engages you will see a notification TRAILER SWAY REDUCE SPEED. If you don't see that then the feature isn't active.

Peter

I highly doubt trailer sway control reduces fuel economy. It’s literally just software that monitors the vehicle’s positioning and vectors which traction control does anyway and it only applies itself when sway is detected.

It’s literally like a referee in a game that only intervenes when it has to.

Holy smokes. I've spent nearly 4 days reading through this whole thread and the information in here is so great! I'm really excited to add a bunch of features to my Ex. Before I go jumping in to the digital code underworld here I just wanted to clarify some things to make sure I understand it all. I have looked at all the most recent spreadsheets for the codes and read this and a few other threads on other forums regarding the changes I want to make. I understand the hardware needed for everything and either have the required hardware or it is on the way to me. We have a 2013 XLT and I'd like to add the following:

Remote start enable (4 button key is in the mail to me https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073QXJZ8P/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1BVLNYYEQXY2X&psc=1 )
Enable "bambi" mode
Blinker flash increase
Nav mode

I also have this on the way https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0GVBWY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3HT224M59LA1C&psc=1 which seems to be the recommended way to go.

To enable these items I understand I will need to reprogram certain modules. To be able to program I need the extended license of Forscan correct?

In order to enable NAV, I am running SYNC 3.8 software version, beyond enabling the codes and installing the NaviPatch file, I will need a SD card with the maps on it right?

I would be very skeptical of that claim especially since all manufacturers are trying every thing they can to squeeze every MPG or L/100 kms out of their engines to meet or exceed set standards. I believe that the trailer sway control only is active when it senses trailer sway and then it applies braking as necessary. Other than that I believe the trailer sway control is functionally inactive.
If you read page 278 of your Manual you will see that it only is active above 64 kmph (40 mph) when needed. Also when it engages you will see a notification TRAILER SWAY REDUCE SPEED. If you don't see that then the feature isn't active.

Peter
I hope you are right...
I sceptical about that claim too, just wanted to try...

Holy smokes. I've spent nearly 4 days reading through this whole thread and the information in here is so great! I'm really excited to add a bunch of features to my Ex. Before I go jumping in to the digital code underworld here I just wanted to clarify some things to make sure I understand it all. I have looked at all the most recent spreadsheets for the codes and read this and a few other threads on other forums regarding the changes I want to make. I understand the hardware needed for everything and either have the required hardware or it is on the way to me. We have a 2013 XLT and I'd like to add the following:

Remote start enable (4 button key is in the mail to me https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073QXJZ8P/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1BVLNYYEQXY2X&psc=1 )
Enable "bambi" mode
Blinker flash increase
Nav mode

I also have this on the way https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0GVBWY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3HT224M59LA1C&psc=1 which seems to be the recommended way to go.

To enable these items I understand I will need to reprogram certain modules. To be able to program I need the extended license of Forscan correct?

In order to enable NAV, I am running SYNC 3.8 software version, beyond enabling the codes and installing the NaviPatch file, I will need a SD card with the maps on it right?

1. To reprogram certain modules you will need extended Forscan license, that is correct. Go to forscan.org website, create an account there if you dont have one. Install Forscan (windows only!), after that open Forscan and note the Hardware ID on "about" tab (very bottom, steering-wheel alike). On 'download' page Forscan website click Link to Extended License key generator (for whatever reason, even if I switch to English version of website I get everything in Russian upon clicking on that link, maybe it is glitch on my end, maybe it is website itself), so short translation:
First tab - name
Second - phone number
Fird - hardware ID
Push the button under those
After that you should get a field with a license file, the very right clickable word (скачать = download) downloads your license. Feed it into Forscan, it will ask about restart, check "about" after that, you should get Extended license. Registred to ....

2. Right, after succesfully enabling Navi you should get "Insert nav SD card" in top right corner, if you see that you'll need proper maps

Hello. Regarding the disregard in the trailer towing settings, I can say that he himself was skeptical of the saying about fuel economy with the tick removed. However, a two-week experiment showed that this is indeed the case. I am surprised!

So can someone please explain a little more about the CAN modes that the switch is for? What each mode would be used for? I'm still a little unclear about those.

So can someone please explain a little more about the CAN modes that the switch is for? What each mode would be used for? I'm still a little unclear about those.

Are you talking about the ELM327? If so, the below might help.

forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4

1995E post is pretty good, but I will try to make it a real quick explaination.

To avoid network congestion, Ford (and other manufacturers) utilize more than one network. You have HS-CAN (high speed) and MS-CAN (medium speed). Most safety critical functions are on the HS-CAN line for faster response. Most comfort feature models are on MS-CAN because it runs a little slower and isn't speed critical.

The CAN lines for HS-CAN and MS-CAN are on different pins at the OBD2 connect. The switch being added to the adapter acts like the old school operator:
RPHLQFlGCk7m3ZyA3OlLgiitFb_Ik-1A-8pJNKun7zkfNABcoy.jpg

Thanks for that! Makes sense now. I was able to play around with forscan last night and it is awesome. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the info on the spreadsheets! I was able to add navigation, enable remote start, change my blinker duration, turn on Bambi mode, and change the accessory time out. Still waiting on my key to try remote start but the nav works perfectly! Wife is very happy with that.

One thing I'm curious about I saw a block on he spreadsheet about tpms and I thought I read one forum somewhere about being able to see a live reading on the IPC for tpms, but when I enabled it I couldn't find anything about it. Is this possible?

20171117_194046.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for that! Makes sense now. I was able to play around with forscan last night and it is awesome. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the info on the spreadsheets! I was able to add navigation, enable remote start, change my blinker duration, turn on Bambi mode, and change the accessory time out. Still waiting on my key to try remote start but the nav works perfectly! Wife is very happy with that.

One thing I'm curious about I saw a block on he spreadsheet about tpms and I thought I read one forum somewhere about being able to see a live reading on the IPC for tpms, but when I enabled it I couldn't find anything about it. Is this possible?

I see that you added navigation, did you use the 2 files from the F150 spreadsheet? My concern is that I have a 2014 Explorer and the description is for a 2015 F150.

Back