Redranger4.0, solid axle swap d44/9" | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Redranger4.0, solid axle swap d44/9"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:thumbsup: this will be a sweet truck. good luck.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

well i ordered my lower links today. 2" .25 wall DOM with a super pivot joint on each end.

Super_Pivot_Bar_End.jpg

Thats the super pivot just the company i ordered froms in house joint

Were did you get those? I need a couple.

suicidedoors.com , they make parts for Bagged trucks. but they had good prices as those links i bought. they are all tig welded and just over 100 dollars each.

ok so i have gas tank problems. my stock tank is the saddle bag type that hangs down on the driverside of the truck. my problem is my EB 9" has a slightly different ofset then that of my 8.8. this is going to cause my driveshaft to contact the tank/skid. my solution is to mount a different tank behind the cab of the truck on top of the frame.

P7250158.jpg

now the real problem i have is there a tank that is shaped like the b2 tank that will work with my stock fuel system? or is there a metal tank i can canabalize to get allow me to use my in take pump and such? or will is there an easy way to convert my stock fuel system to that of one that will work with a b2 tank? i have the OHV by the way.

ok it looks like the b2 tank is the way to go. specially since my buddy just happens to have a free one i can have. Im not going to be mounting mine like Rockranger did though. I am not going to run a bed so i will have no clearance issues. Im going to put it directly behind the cab, ontop of the frame.

why not run a fuel cell ???

i want to run my stock fuel system and as of yet i havent seen a fuel cell which would allow me to do that. plust he b2 tank is free, so..

with a fuel cell you could run an inline fuel pump, or what im gonna do is...take your fuel pump gasket mark that out on the fuel cell and cut it out put your pump in there and wala you have stock fuel system with a fuel cell..but you got a b2 tank

any updates on this..i would really like to see this thing done

its going slow but going. My beadlocks came in, so i have to unmount my tires and weld those on. I started plateing the frame for the steering box mount. Hopefuly in 2 weeks I will be able to go home and work on it. Possibly even move the axle under it and tack the lowers in.

teaserranger002.jpg

teaserranger001.jpg

Theres no suspension yet but this is kind of a teaser picture of what the truck will end up looking like. The Front isnt at ride height. I plan to lower it alot from where its at.

Looking sweet man:D Where did you get those big jackstands from? I'd love to get a set.

That looks like its going to be sweet, keep up the work.

Looking sweet man:D Where did you get those big jackstands from? I'd love to get a set.

They are RIGID Pipe Stands with the V top. They were about 45 dollars each. But were defidently worth it.

look at em dig into the asphalt :)

Pipe stands RULE
Its how you get your build level

Slowest SAS ever.....and I thought mine took a long time.

Looks real good though, can't wait to see the final product.

Back