Lori's Reaper, The Cobra R Clone (56K Die) | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lori's Reaper, The Cobra R Clone (56K Die)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd like to paint the calipers but with the car fixing to hit the track in a couple of weeks, I just think that all painting that still needs to be done should wait until after the track (except for the wing).

The car drives completely different than it used to. And I am sure with the wing and suspension it will be another new learning experience, but I am definitely not complaining. I haven't had this much fun in a long time. :D

TRACK DAY!

P10100174.jpg

P10100273.jpg

reaper004_copy.jpg

reaper003.jpg

P10100184.jpg

P10100324.jpg

P10100343.jpg

P10100353.jpg

TRACK DAY!

Nice!!

Wish we had a good road course around here. All we have is drag strips and dirt tracks....

This track is about 25min from the house ;)

reaper005.jpg

reaper007.jpg

So how much faster was Lori around the track than you? :p:

I had the Lori mod because he took people for rides so there was less weight with only me. :p:

I had an absolute blast. Jim, the owner of the Terlingua, had some friends come out so I took the wife out for a run. Every lap I get a little more comfortable so at the end of that sessin, I had the dogs in the trunk howling. :D When we got done, she said she had a blast, didn't get scared at all, and thought it was very cool to see how I got better with each lap. That made me feel great!

Everyone was great with me. Didn't feel intimidated by the guys and when we all talked about lines and braking, they listened to my input as well. The best part of the weekend.....when John, the owner of the C5 Vette and open road racer, comes up to me yesterday and asks if he can follow me to get my lines and see where I am braking and stuff. YES!!!!!!

Yesterday was also misty and sprinkling so we were all going a little slower yesterday. Three people went off the track and since Reaper is still my daily (but hopefully for not much longer ;)) I needed to make sure he didn't try to take after his sister, the Nasty Hoe, and go off-roading and I definitely didn't want to become a member of the roll-over posse :p:.

I didn't take pics yesterday because I had my car all to myself. (Joke on Saturday was that Jeff was having way too much fun in my car but I was glad to see what it could do by an experienced driver). The track owners had a friend out there yesterday taking pics and he is sending me a CD with all of the ones he took so I'll post some more up when I get it.

And yes, I am hooked along with a few other people that went out there the first time this weekend as well. Now if I only had the $$ for the track membership. :(

And yes, I am hooked along with a few other people that went out there the first time this weekend as well. Now if I only had the $$ for the track membership.

that is the only drawback I can find with road course racing, it can be very very expensive and hard on parts....
I am not saying it's not worth the money or the wear and tear..but damn it cost alot.

I wish I had deeper pockets, I'd love to drag grandmas car out there sometime.

Do you have any idea how much the track rental was?

Do you have any idea how much the track rental was?

Alot! Rick is a member (private club track) so he may have gotten a discount. Plus RMS lost money due to not having enough people register. We had alotted for 45 slots and only like 11 signed up at $300/person for the whole weekend which also included lunch. Bad for RMS....great for the drivers since we had a lot more driving time.

You can check out www.harrishillroad.com and see if they have it listed but they have many of their own driving schools so I plan on checking those out and seeing how much to do those.

Even ripping up the track she can let you know your #1

030710_217.jpg

030710_242.jpg

030710_222.jpg

030710_209.jpg

030710_206.jpg

030710_205.jpg

030710_163.jpg

030710_159.jpg

030710_155.jpg

030710_154.jpg

030710_148.jpg

030710_144.jpg

030710_028.jpg

030710_036.jpg

030710_024.jpg

Dr. SVO phd

That thing is lookin' hawt, Lori! :cool:

what?! wheres the wing!:dunno:

Sitting in the office with a cat probably sitting on it.:rolleyes: They think it's their perch.

We still need to have it painted and make the reinforcements for the deck lid so it won't pull out when I am on the track.

Very very nice. I wish I still had my '89.

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. Reaper is far from done though....many surprises coming in the next few months. Stay tuned! ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Installed a Bassani catted X-Pipe with the SLP Loudmouth II cat back, sorry for the windnoise.

Sam here's you exhaust sound clip ;)

Jeff

Back