MFT Update on Syncmyride | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT Update on Syncmyride

Those are not for on hand stock my friend. Those are for you. Call Ford of Canada and tell them the names of the dealers. As a matter of fact post the names of the Dealerships here please. Then we can call them up and give them a blast. Please do it. It's the only way they can be held accountable for being Shylocks. I have already talked to Ford Canada in regards to this. The dealers were sent cards. I will whip someone around by their ankles until their bum whistles if they try that one on me.

FoMoCo Canada: You had better get a grip on this. Or it will go viral. I have some people "bloggers" who would be very interested in a story such as this. Best advertising is word of mouth. Or today, the internet. It's normal people like us who can have a very large effect on public opinion. I don't think treating someone like the way harmsangha is being treated is a fair process. The customer is always right. Right? Some may sit back and say oh well.... others may put big metallic yellow lemons on their new explorers and someothers may make videos and post them on youtube and facebook and myspace and msn and bloggers may blog about how ford came out with this new upgrade but then stuck it their customers (example of a run on sentence or a guy typing like he was going to talk... without taking a breath))........ Could make interesting reading for sure. Remember the guy who shot his daughters laptop. I wonder what the internet would think of someone taking a baseball bat to their brand new Limited Explorer. Then contacting Jimmy Kimmel or Conan O'Brien or David Letterman or in Canada Rick Mercer. I'm sure he'd love to do one of his famous rants on a major car company.

Medication please. Sorry for the rant. I just can't handle being jerked around or seeing others jerked around.

Cory, Rebecca I sure hope this matter will be brought up your chain. This type of customer relations that people like harmsangha recieve is totally unacceptable. Cory can you please send me the contact info for your Canadian contact at FoMoCo Canada. I need to speak with him. If not can you ask him to call me please. Thank you.

viral video is one that becomes popular through the process of Internet sharing, typically through video sharing websites, social media and email. Viral videos often contain humorous content

I could make a real funny story out of this one. Believe me...... Everytime I start feeling like Ford impresses me. Crap like this pops up and bursts my bubble.

The internet uses keyword searches. I'll bold some letters in a day or two in a post. Then you can type them in Google and see what comes up. It's amazing. Type in chimoman and see what google shows. It's all how it's worded. Hey Ford Explorer Owners,

social-media.gif

The dealers I've talked to here in Vancouver are Coastal Ford and Brown Brother Ford. Bunch of arrogant fools at Coastal especially. Brown bros told me I have to go to my selling dealer to get an sd card, my selling dealer tells me I'm not on some LIST they are talking about. No idea WTH that means. I phone customer service again and they say they can not force any independent dealer to give me an sd card, it's up to the dealer. Absolute horse crap. I've just about had it. I've been on the freaking phone all day and can't get a step further on this. I can't buy the card, I can't get the dealer where I spent $60,000 to give me a card, I can't get ford customer service to confirm that anything was sent to me as my car was a "dealer required" update that I managed to update myself. Why am I fixing my POS Myford touch system myself anyways? I asked my selling dealer to contact Brown brothers ford to see if they could get me an sd card, and he says I'm not contacting them for you, you have to do that yourself. Well, I told him that I have a car without a working nav system that I will gladly bring to him for warranty service then if he wants. I told him he WILL help me because I am a paying customer with a vehicle warranty. I seriously wanna put my fist through this stupid system at this point. Ford is a bogus company with bogus customer service. Everyone is willing to call me and say oh I'm sorry but nobody is willing to do anything about it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey everyone!

I see all of you have discovered the Performance Upgrade download is now available on SYNCMyRide.com for some users. Point of clarification: In regards to download availability, there is a small population of early-build 2011 Explorers that will need to have the upgrade performed at the dealership. Your current website experience may include a message advising you to contact your local authorized dealership to get the upgrade, but you can also call our In-Vehicle Technology team at 800-392-4040 for confirmation. As others have begun to report, I'm sure you'll enjoy the Performance Upgrade once you get it!

Rebecca

This is kind of funny since IVT has told numerous people that if they use the download that they got from their Edge vin it would work fine on the explorer (and has). Syncmyride currently says I need to do a dealer install, however the I installed from a friends Edge USB and the install went fine and everything is working fantastic. My only issue is the dealer is telling me they can't give me an SD card, that one will come in the mail, and you are telling us that one is not coming in the mail if we have that message on syncmyride.com ... Why are there so many different people giving out so many different answers to our questions? Why weren't the dealers, customer service, and every other department well trained on the update procedures? Seriously this is frustrating. Am I getting an SD card in the mail (dealer told me that I will be, and they can't do anything until I do), or not (syncmyride.com indicates I will not).

I'm tired :( Can you please get a definitive answer on what the various messages people are getting are? Will EVERYONE get a package, regardless of the dealer message? Should I be fighting with my dealer to give me an SD card? Help us :(

Hey everyone!

I see all of you have discovered the Performance Upgrade download is now available on SYNCMyRide.com for some users. Point of clarification: In regards to download availability, there is a small population of early-build 2011 Explorers that will need to have the upgrade performed at the dealership. Your current website experience may include a message advising you to contact your local authorized dealership to get the upgrade, but you can also call our In-Vehicle Technology team at 800-392-4040 for confirmation. As others have begun to report, I'm sure you'll enjoy the Performance Upgrade once you get it!

Rebecca

Rebecca, On Friday 03/09/12 the FORD explorer team on facebook reported that nobody had to go to the dealership, now it appears a "small population" has to go to the dealer. Can you confirm who has to go to the dealership? I have a mid-february 2011 build date, have MFT but no NAV. synmyride says I have to take it to the dealer. Does that mean I won't receive anything in the mail??? Should I call now the dealer?

good info right out of the ford explorer facebook page:

#
#
Ford Explorer: The information on SyncMyRide is beeing corrected. The language regarding dealer fees should already be gone. They are working on to remove the language on going to the dealer.
5 minutes ago
#
Ford Explorer: In any case, no one will have to go to the dealer to complete the upgrade - you will be able to update your system once the USB arrives. Craig
2 minutes ago

MODS: PLEASE MOVE THIS THREAD TO THE IVT SECTION!

Can you please get a definitive answer on what the various messages people are getting are? Will EVERYONE get a package, regardless of the dealer message? Should I be fighting with my dealer to give me an SD card? Help us :(
You are not alone in wondering what is going on. I can assure you that you have lots of company. I also have to take it to my dealer. Just got off the phone with them. The service advisor I spoke with stated that the dealership just received the letter about the peformance upgrade yesterday (Mar. 12) from Ford of Canada. She read through the letter and it said that a letter would be sent out to Canadian owners sometime toward the end of March. As she read through it, it did not appear to say what if anything the owners would be receiving in the mail. It also did not address whether or not the dealer would be receiving any A3 SD cards.:dunno::scratch::banghead:

Peter

OK.. I finally got some solid information... Those that have the must take to dealer message are likely fleet, or lease vehicles. For lease vehicles it appears that the dealer was sent the SD cards, and not the customer directly, since the customer doesn't own the car.

My dealer has the SD cards, but they said they haven't got one specifically for me, and can't help me out until they do. SOOOOOOO frustrated.

OK.. I finally got some solid information... Those that have the must take to dealer message are likely fleet, or lease vehicles. For lease vehicles it appears that the dealer was sent the SD cards, and not the customer directly, since the customer doesn't own the car.

My dealer has the SD cards, but they said they haven't got one specifically for me, and can't help me out until they do. SOOOOOOO frustrated.

Wrong, unless they are considering XPlan purchases, Fleet. Both of ours were xplan and only one has to go to the dealer.

Mine is neither and has to go to the dealership. I don't think that's a solid answer.

Somebody needs to send Mr Mulally an email about this.

You may laugh but he is well known for returning emails when sent directly to him in a professional manner.

This program's communication strategy is embarrassing.

Mine is a lease but the dealer has no idea if they are being sent the cards. They only received the performance update letter from Ford Canada yesterday and it doesn't say anything about who is getting the cards. It did say that Canadian owners would be sent a letter towards the end of March.

Peter

Canadian owners are getting jacked around and nobody at ford seems to give a crap. Sending a letter to mulally will probably get you nothing. He will forward it to ford Canada who are useless anyways. Why doesn't ford just upload the contents of the damn sd card to owners of these cars and be done with it. Garmin does it why can't ford? These magical sd cards are harder to find than gold and dealers are holding onto them like their lives depend on it. I own my explorer and I got the dealer install message as well. Somebody uploaded te USB drive to the explorer Facebook site. If you want te update just download it off there and install it yourself. I did mine and others did theirs. It works fine. Ford has no idea what is happening.

Worthington Ford in Long Beach, California said they need to order the new SD card.

Rebecca / Cory, so do the dealership will get these SD card or they have to place an order for these? Can you confirm ALL dealerships (in US / Canada) have been sent these new cards??? When? Should they receive the SD card by now?

VERY FRUSTRATING.

lol, there goes that explanation... wtf is going on!? :(

I just called Ford. They said it depends on your hair color. Blonds have to have it installed at the dealership....hey, good thinking on Fords part? The rest of us get it in the mail. Pretty simple if you ask me. ;)

i just spoke to mulally. Since i have nitrogen in my tires i have to go to the dealer for upgrade. Those with regular air in their tires need to download the update then insert their old SD card where it goes and hit the brake pedal 46 1/2 times then on the last time hold it down and disconnect the positive lead to the battery. But it has to be done by the same person i.e: the person holding down the brake HAS to be the one that disconnects the battery or else it won't work..... He also said it works 99% of the time if done at midnight on the 3rd monday of the month so thats coming up soon..... i'll try it and report after......

Alright... I made a final phone call to IVT, I discussed the fact that the dealer believes I'm getting a package in the mail, and IVT is saying that I am not. IVT contacted the nearest dealer, and facilitated the conversation w/ the parts manager to have a card ready for me to pick up. I drove over, gave the parts manager my VIN and info, and took a card. I now have a fully functioning MFT with navigation.

Alright... I made a final phone call to IVT, I discussed the fact that the dealer believes I'm getting a package in the mail, and IVT is saying that I am not. IVT contacted the nearest dealer, and facilitated the conversation w/ the parts manager to have a card ready for me to pick up. I drove over, gave the parts manager my VIN and info, and took a card. I now have a fully functioning MFT with navigation.

NICE!!! now, do u have nav, and did syncmyride say go to dealer?

I'm not a lease or fleet situation, but synchmyride website also says that i have to go to the dealer for the MFT upgrade. 2011 Limited with nav built in March 2011.

I can't get the upgrade fast enough. The MFT delay is getting worse, voice activation no longer works, the radio doesn't play until you change the station, the radio doesn't turn itself off when you turn the car off and open the car door, etc.

I would like clarification also on whether i'm actually going to get something in the mail or if i need to go to the dealer as the website indicates. Thanks.

NICE!!! now, do u have nav, and did syncmyride say go to dealer?

I do have nav, and the site said I had to do dealer install. I did an install from a friends Edge download he got from syncmyride, everything is working fine. I just had to get IVT involved to get me the SD card from a dealer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I do have nav, and the site said I had to do dealer install. I did an install from a friends Edge download he got from syncmyride, everything is working fine. I just had to get IVT involved to get me the SD card from a dealer.

Mine was working great then went screwy. It's back to normal now after a reset

Back