MFT Update on Syncmyride | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT Update on Syncmyride

I wonder if it has to do with hardware on some older build dates? Maybe a new APIM? (Although I doubt it)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wonder if it has to do with hardware on some older build dates? Maybe a new APIM? (Although I doubt it)

I don't know, but my wife's Edge was built 3 months before my Explorer and her update is being mailed, so I doubt it also.

I downloaded it and installed on my drive home from work. Everything worked great. Now if I could only find the exterior temperature somewhere. I would also like to rename my phone since it has my full name and iPhone. The name covers up the charge indicator in the upper left. I just see the signal indicator.

I downloaded it and installed on my drive home from work. Everything worked great. Now if I could only find the exterior temperature somewhere. I would also like to rename my phone since it has my full name and iPhone. The name covers up the charge indicator in the upper left. I just see the signal indicator.

Exterior temp is on the right instrument cluster. The ones in front of the steering wheel.

11Edge_MyFordTouch_6192.jpg

Exterior temp is on the right instrument cluster. The ones in front of the steering wheel.

Thanks. I know that. Why isn't it on the screen in the middle now? My wife liked it because she knew the exterior temp from the passenger seat.

You can't get it back. It's gone. She'll have to ask you what the temp is. I also liked it on the main screen. However, if we must give up the temperature reading there in order to have this incredibly amazing product. Well, so be it. I'm not complaining. Maybe in the future they will update it so the temp can be in the middle again. Who knows. Not a show stopper by any means.

You can't get it back. It's gone. She'll have to ask you what the temp is. I also liked it on the main screen. However, if we must give up the temperature reading there in order to have this incredibly amazing product. Well, so be it. I'm not complaining. Maybe in the future they will update it so the temp can be in the middle again. Who knows. Not a show stopper by any means.

Agree. I just can't figure out why it went away.

Back to square 1, new update from facebook. Still lots of confusion

Ford Explorer Sorry everyone - I am now being told that certain early build Explorers will need to go to the dealer for the update. I'm trying to confirm exactly which ones, and why. The dealer fees information is incorrect, and has been removed from SyncMy Ride. Craig
32 minutes ago · Like

Seems everytime something big happens the left hand doesn't have a clue what the right one is doing. I recieved a card in the mail a month ago telling me the USB and SD card were coming in the mail. How many times have I seen misinformation passed along. Crazy stuff. When version 2.11 came out, everyone was saying it was weeks away. Even syncmyride. Then poof there it was. I was one of the first ones to get 2.11. Stop the panic. Sync my ride is never in sync with Ford. LMAO.

Thanks. I know that. Why isn't it on the screen in the middle now? My wife liked it because she knew the exterior temp from the passenger seat.
The temperature display was removed from the MFT screen because many customers complained that the time display was too small. In order to increase the size of the time display, the temperature read out was removed from that location.

Peter

Downloading now - I have nav so I'll have to be without it until the SD card arrives. Honestly, I can't take this bugger any longer.

Downloading now - I have nav so I'll have to be without it until the SD card arrives. Honestly, I can't take this bugger any longer.

If you are downloading from syncmyride and replied NO to having Nav, don't be surprised if you have problems. I'm guessing the reason they ask is that the downloads have different components. Just a guess though. I'd be interested to know if anyone else replied NO to having Nav, did the download and then put the new SD card in later. Did it work?

Peter

If you are downloading from syncmyride and replied NO to having Nav, don't be surprised if you have problems. I'm guessing the reason they ask is that the downloads have different components. Just a guess though. I'd be interested to know if anyone else replied NO to having Nav, did the download and then put the new SD card in later. Did it work?

Peter

So far I just keep getting an error "The USB Device is Not Supported."

I wonder if the drive needs to be NTFS or FAT?

It must have been my USB drive, swapped to different drive - update is now running.

I'll keep you all apprised of my progress.

I don't really see why they can't let us download the SD card image too :( But hey, I'm sure the package will arrive in a couple of weeks so I'll wait.

Peter,
I downloaded after saying no. I have nav and I have encounterd 0 problems. It's fantastic. The only thing that happens is upon startup it prompts for the SD Card. I hit cancel and things work beautifully. I mean ....... B E A U T I F U L L Y...... I'm thinking when my card shows up here or at the dealers I will just slip er in and drive off into the sunset. God I hope so. I told the salesman I bought it from that hopefully the only time I'll need to see him now is when I'm getting an oil change done. The wife wants to buy a new truck. Does the F250 come with MFT. I don't think it does. I'll have to look it up.

I AM ONE HAPPY CUSTOMER

smiley_big_smile.gif
happy_face_new.gif

Oh and by the way. Dealers know nothing about these dealer installations. At least not here in Eastern Canakastan. Another reason why I believe the fine folks at syncmyride are having trouble organizing things. If the dealers were to update my vehicle (which by the way would require them to have the new SD cards..... which they don't) they would need to book me in for an hour. Do you realize how much strain that would put on the dealerships. Not good. Hence, you will see the syncmyride site changed within the week. Or maybe they are sending all the SD cards to the dealers that sold the vehicles and then they are shipping them out. Or the dealers knit some extra SD cards and then drive to your house and do the update in your driveway for you. Bringing coffee and donuts. Or maybe Ford mails the USB to you with the SD card as was said in the videos that were posted by Rebecca ( The Ford REP). Who was the guy in the videos. Oh right he was in charge of the project and said they were beginning to mail the packages out on the 8th of March. Yesterday. My money is on the latter. Cheers.

Remember it's not just the Explorer we are talking about here. That's alot of updates. A whole hockey sock full of them. 300,000 plus. That's not including the Lincoln brand name. Let's all think about this for a second.....

Your Local Misconception Eradicator

I made an appointment for next week to have the dealer required upgrade done.

Here's an example of the way things work and how " people in the know" pooch up the passage of information. I'm not picking on anyone - OP. Just using this as an example.

Hey guys, Ive been a member here since i got my 11 xlt and i share in the pain of issues regarding MFT.

If you have read any of my other posts, you may know that i have a family member with deep connections into Ford (24 years in executive position)

Anyway, I have yet to see this actually confirmed and or you may already know, but Ford is due to release a brand new and complete rebuild of "My Ford Touch". It is in beta right now. Set to release come January 2012. That was close only off by 2 MonthsIt will come as a dealer install and cannot be downloaded from Syncmyride Wrong, it is on Syncmyride as it is a massive overhaul of our current MFT systems.

As with any of these massive rebuilds its possible this release date can be delayedGot that right. I dont know the specifics, but my understanding from my dad is that MFT will look and operate completely different from the way it is right now. No more "4 corners"Wrong and all the awkward ipod menus and Sirius SAT issues.

I dont know if this is a good thing or bad, but hopefully it becomes much more fluid as like operating systems on Droid or iphones.

As you can see even those with deep connections to the FAMILY get things all bungled up. Too many people talking about this stuff just creates a big Sh!p storm. Then people get all worked up over nothing. Human nature. I just don't understand why they wouldn't release it on Syncmyride and let the consumer make the decision of whether or not they want to live without Nav until they shipped it out to them. Would have been cheaper in the long run.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have two different 2011 vehicles both with MFT and NAV. One will allow the download on Syncmyride, the other will not and has a form to print out to take to the dealer for the upgrade. There have been posts on this forum and on Facebook from Ford Reps. verifying that some vehicles require the dealer to perform the upgrade. I do not know why, but unfortunately my Explorer is one of them. I am glad you and others are able to do the upgrade. I would prefer to do it myself, since the last time I had an update through a dealer it took three trips to get it right. Maybe this is why it cannot be self-installed on my vehicle.

I don't think it has anything to do with whether you have NAV or not.

Back